Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Throw in a few potholes as well

The ROAD is evil

1 Like

Less speed. Mature driving.

Again, a very straight stretch of road bar a meander by the turnoff for Kilmeedy. Quite a good stretch as regional roads go. Invites speed in a road not really suited for it.

There’s a dodgy auld stretch as well up around The Strand outside NCW, Is it Monegea direction? Another straight stretch. Was there a stretch out there years ago where they used to do some kind of rally driving?

It must be the most evil road in the whole world.

2 Likes

Thank God I’ve never been further west than Rourkes Cross in my life.

10 Likes

Is patsy Nicholas selling up ? A fine pub would be a loss to town

Decent documentary about Dickie Harris on Sky Arts Ch 130 now

Sold supposedly. He told us ages ago he was trying to sell. Wasn’t able to take any time off and sure he has his time done and his money made at this stage. Although I would say trade hasn’t been as good in years

Supposedly whoever owns Bill Chawkes bought it . Don’t know if Charlie is still involved there .
Cobblestone joes is also supposedly sold

Always thought Cobblestone Joe was doing well in the past?

It’s been closes for the last few months now, they were mostly doing food pizza and such . Think they stopped the live bands a good while back .
The old quarter have supposedly bought it to reopen early next year .

They’ll need to rip it up and start again . The open air picnic benches were grand during the great scamdemic but nothing appealing about those in the depths of winter

The new quarter

2 Likes

It’s peak was when they classed that area as outdoors, and let people smoke there. Once they moved the smoking outside it lost it’s lustre a bit.

3 Likes

Without wanting to trivialize the situation, this did have me laughing

1 Like

Rapid inflation in material costs while caught into fixed contract what caught them? As they appeared to doing very well with big contracts about the place.