Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

Abbeyfeale is Kerry really in mindset.

First time Iā€™ve ever heard of stuffing in a chipper but then again Limerick chippers are known for their pioneering techniques.

Stuffing and coleslaw is a West Limerick/North Kerry thing.

Stuffing is unrale in a snack box, coleslaw not so much

Most people would eat snack boxes on the go with their hands. How would stuffing work in that regard?

Never heard of stuffing in a snackbox but Iā€™m very intrigued by this. Surely you could get gravy instead of the coleslaw? Iā€™d never see my toes again if there was a local joint offering this.

If you are eating with the hands you canā€™t get chicken and chips in one bite anyway which is the whole point IMO. Chicken, chips and stuffing is a lovely mouthful

When you think about it itā€™s a no brainer. Youā€™ve probably had similar in a carvery

Indeed. Snack box alone and then coleslaw.

It just rolled off the tongue of the server apparently.

ā€˜Snack box pleaseā€™
ā€˜Coleslaw and stuffing?ā€™

A small carvery in a cardboard box which you can ate in the driver seat of your car. Itā€™s an absolute no-brainer.

So they are forcing you to eat it as a meal with a knife and fork?

Never heard of it myselfā€¦ Is your brotherā€™s mind totally blown?

He texted me about it so he must me.

His exact phrase was ā€˜quare dose down on a feed of drinkā€™.

1 Like

Iā€™ve ate it with my hands, but itā€™s messy enough. Iā€™d generally eat a snackbox with a fork anyway (even without stuffing) for reasons outlined above. But Iā€™d be a high end roaster. The only drawback is that Chicken is a plastic fork killer

2 Likes

You can tell him itā€™s a staple of All Ireland winner, Seamus Flanagan. That will impress him big time.

Did he try them?

He said no to both I believe

Thatā€™ll haunt him

1 Like

Thatā€™s roaster carry on.

Independent.ie

Taking thick chips north - Independent.ie

It wonā€™t be the first time the chain has adapted the menu to suit local tastes. Take Kerry, for example.

ā€œOne of the things they like there is chicken stuffing.ā€

Itā€™s on the Supermacā€™s menu in the Kingdom, but you wonā€™t find it elsewhere.

He wouldnā€™t be someone who would branch out much with his chipper food.

1 Like