Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Limerick is ready to take off if we can just get fucking houses built

2 Likes

Its happening.
Note this isnt a council backed scheme. Its a private development - unlike d’opera centre

Great see some good news on the Verizon

It’s come on a serious amount in the last month.

I was walking by there the other day and some fella was actually giving a summary of what the finished building would contain to three suited people… I’m not sure who he was or why he was just doing it on the side of the road but it does look decent now.

1 Like

Confirmed that they’ve taken the full building. Great news.
The council must be seething that they aren’t going into the Gardens.

‘The sky’s the limit’: Verizon boss explains company move to open in Limerick - Limerick Live (limerickleader.ie)

Good news for the Squire I think…

400 new jobs will necessitate 4 new chippers, 2 new Flannerys and another rugby quarter.

3 Likes

Those fancy new offices probably have free vapes in the vending machines so there’s on opportunity lost :man_shrugging:

And a million new coffee shops.

As phone company I’d imagine it will be a major boon for the phone repair shops

1 Like

Taking the 7 floors too. Biggest job announcement in the city center for years.

Fairplay to the IDA. Hopefully more to come and they can properly fill the hanging gardens etc

3 Likes

Verizon are a massive company,are they operational in Oireland yet?

1000 roles up in Dublin at the moment.

We beat off massive competition from Kilkenny, Letterkenny and Sligo

With that footfall it might be time to invest in a couple of chips with gravy trucks.

The unit formerly known as Brimstone and Establishment is up for sale. It might be worth buying and reopening it.

Habit Coffee recently opened a new unit down there as well, so they’ll surely do well off it, as will Sodalicious.

Hanging Gardens didnt even manage to rent their coffee shop/retail space.

1 Like

LIMERICK LIMERICK LIMERICK

The Bishops Quay development was the one that they cut down from 14 stories to 7 I think. Should have gone for 30 floors altogether.

@flattythehurdler limerick should have went for at least 52 stories

1 Like

Flatty does love a massive erection

suit-you-sir-suit-you

2 Likes

Ya it was originally a 15 storey office building and 7 storey Apartment block. I think now it’s 9 & 7.