Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

The Castle in Adare is faker than Newgrange

The Oirish love the big house.

Castle? Where’s that?Adare should be bulldozed,no need for a bypass then.

The richest serfs in the country live in Adare

1 Like

A golfing and boutique mecca. Experience Palatine culture at its finest on main street Adare. You don’t just live in Adare, you experience Adare.

1 Like

Paddy really always wanted to be a Protestant or to act like one. Adare, Abbeyleix and the likes gives him that opportunity.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IrishCycle/status/1766768427459391543?t=XR4F2C3cx6aHkrjMASFBtQ&s=19

1 Like

They’re just poor versions of classic English villages ala Stratford Upon Avon etc

Stratford Upon Avon isn’t a village.

True. I retract my statement Ceann Comhairle

1 Like

We need more public transport and active travel in our communities - local politicians

These bus lanes and active travel lanes are causing traffic and we are not happy - same locla politicians trying to keep their seat

You cant win, the political class are wind bags

1 Like

Walked the length of O’Connell St during the weekend. Traffic barely moving in the single lane left for it. 1 bus passed in the bus lane and not a single person using either of the cycle lanes.

It’s all for show. You’d be lucky to get 2 bikes through the city in an hour and that won’t ever change. Another nail in the coffin of the city centre

Who’s cycling into town to go to a vape shop?

8 Likes

All you can do is give them the option, Limerick is a super city to cycle in, flat as a pancake.
At almost any hour of the day you’d cycle from Corbally to Dooradoyle much quicker than you’d manage in a car.

The cycles lanes in Limerick are all full of wet fallen leaves since autumn. They have never been cleaned and are dangerous to cycle in.

I’m not surprised nobody is using them.

Yes, that is a big problem where the path forms a higher ledge with a low point at road level on the camber to trap the leaves. I see it a lot out our side of town.

There’s obviously no cleaning schedule in place. Or perhaps they don’t have a small enough machines like the ones they use in town.

The fail to prepare. Prepare to fail. Green Party again. Can you contact that Leddin fellow for us @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy?

i dont think the Greens run Limerick Council

You know yourself now. A nod and a wink to Brian and he’ll get it sorted.

They’re seriously a joke around Caherdavin at this stage. Nobody uses them. You couldn’t. Full of leaves and rubbish, cans and bottles. The usual big cleaning trucks can’t access them and there’s no alternative put in place.

Seriously are they like that in other cities in Ireland or is it just Limerick. What are the lanes in Dublin like?