Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Only the bravest would slip into the local hotel about 2:45. The dinner would be in the dog.

Unless you were locked in as happened in many a bar… I used to pal with one of Austin’s sons (bar next to train station) and he’d work the Sunday shift… Be supping away during 2-4 and a clatter of men in there jumping out of their skin when the phone rang… Waving hands and making signals to say I’m not here… You’d hear my mate then, ‘no Mary he’s not here at all’… . And the group would settle again.

5 Likes

There’s an over-sized table and chairs outside the Limerick Boat Club.

I dunno did any pub actually close?
I often remember being in the pub as young fella and being told to “stay the fuck away from the curtains”.

5 Likes

I’d say anyone that wanted to stay on did … lads afraid of the wife were home punctually for the dinner.

The atin quarter

Atin and Drinkin

They are making a meal of it

The holy hour was perfect for pinting after an early Sunday soccer match, you’d usually have time for three pints before you’d be encouraged out the door at half two, by God you’d be glad of it on Monday morning

Where was that?

Westward Ho used to close for a few hours on Sundays. I used to work there. Sometimes a select few VIPs might get to stay, but they’d usually head away half way through the closure. They might be finishing up a pint of porter and would tip away then.

I didn’t get how over-sized you meant :man_facepalming:t2:
They’re getting a fair slating from the local twitterati

Someone is going to go up on that table with a Donkey Fords for their snappychat or whatever, they’ll probably fall off and break their necks

1 Like

Fuck um, at least it’s something. I’d guess that they might be props left over from the giant granny visit?

I’ve often thought Limerick boat club would make a great beer garden

Until a scrap breaks out and a heap of lads end up in the river :eyes::joy:

3 Likes

Twould break it up fairly sharp

Many’s the pint I had outside there when gigs were on in there. Was a grand spot

1 Like

Donn is an alright sort. Best of luck to him