Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

A few of the big hitters seem more city focused. This will be won in the townlands and boreens

Out beyond Rourkes Cross.

If burshting footballs is in your manifesto you are at nothing.

A safe pair of hands. A FF or FG candidate might win it as a result. I still reckon it’ll be O’Donnell.

He lives here locally alright. I’d see him around Na Piarsaigh a good bit. He might even have played a bit of football in his day.

He wasn’t a sitting councillor as he was narrowly defeated in the last election. He left FF recently due to their indecision to run him this time round.

I doubt he’d have much clout planning wise. @glasagusban might know more.

Without opening the article (and before I saw the thumbnail), it was easy to guess the retailer

2 Likes

The shop has an article every second week.

From the photo I could guess where €50 worth of them are going.

16 Likes

They’ll have to invest in one of those pipes that sends your food to the till after you make it.

It’s hardly rocket science. You pay for the roll before getting it. Speeds things up a nice bit too.

What happens when you tell the cashier you’re getting 1 meat & 3 salads & you go up and ask for 2 meats & 4 salads. Consternation will ensue.

Na you order at the salad table and get the sticker and go and pay. Then hand in slip and get roll.

1 Like

Penny’s going extending in the Crescent. Pity they wouldn’t do it in the city. City could badly do with it

The O’Brien Kelly shop near Union Cross on the Ennis Road is being taken over by the same crowd that own the shop beside Supermacs on the Dock Road.

Once I went into that shop on the Dock Road and got fleeced. Never went in again.

That shop on Ennis Rd is very poor, they’ve never done anything with it. Casey’s might do it up some bit.

The worst shop in Limerick however, city or county, has to be Spar at Racefield Centre on Father Russell Road. I’d go so far as to say it’s a disgrace - stock/rubbish fucked everywhere. And they have so little of what you’d expect a Spar to have.

This is the system in Centra on O’Connell St.
Order, pay, return to collect with the receipt. Doesn’t work great when it’s very busy, but that’s rare enough. You also need to trust that the disinterested deli assistant will remember your order correctly when she’s making the roll.

1 Like

Guess where I get my chicken roll on the first Monday of every month

Gone to hell altogether since John Fitz left it.

1 Like

Is John gone from it? Never knew that.