Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

I think Ciarán Cuffe did it in last European and local elections

Two Independent Ireland candidates elected in the Adare-Rathkeale six seater. Tommy got in, @TreatyStones

That’s probably about as revolutionary as that LEA will ever get. 2 FF, 2 FG and 2 II.

Big Adam Teskey & Stephen Keary both got in on the first count, @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi

ROD is taking over the country

All 6 incumbents returned in the NCW district.

Steady as she goes

If it’s not broke

I worked in Newcastle West 20 years ago. I arrived just after the local election.

Four of the now sitting six were in situ then. It was a five seater and Patrick O’Donovan was the only other councillor. 3 FG, 2 FF.

John Sheahan was also a sitting councillor but didn’t come into that constituency until 2014. The only ‘outsider’ was Brown from SF in 2014. Ruddle took his seat in 2019. Jerome Scanlan subsequently went independent so him and Browne are the only non FF/FG (although Scanlan is ex FG) councillors in that constituency elected since Mary Kelly was elected for Labour in 1991 (she subsequently became a Senator so unsure if anyone was coopted in for her)

Sure why would they change anything and NCW a thriving metropolis

:face_with_peeking_eye:

Abbeyfeale has kept its two councillors throughout :slight_smile:

I’m not sure is it because he’s a long term baldy or what, but Michael Collins FF doesn’t seem to have aged at all in the last 20 years.

It was pretty much a straight swap with Tommy Hartigan hoovering up a lot of the O’Brien vote to take that seat, and Ger Ward scrapping in as the Kevin Sheahan replacement.

Good outcome for the local area, not that having councillors seems to have done us much good in the past.

1 Like

Ger ward is from Kildimo I think. I’d say it split emmets vote a bit.

He’s living in Mournane, Askeaton/Kilcornan, although he wouldn’t have had a big profile in Askeaton pre-election.

He defo was Kildimo anyway originally I think

What in the name of jaysus is this?

Where have you been for the last nine months?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@limerickwarrior1 is some boyo.

His feedback and insights are always appreciated

2 Likes

Thanks

Elisa has outpolled Brian Leddin in the mayor vote :grinning:

1 Like