Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

It’s from 20 years ago man!

Was it Radio Magic?

Nope. Magic was a pirate

I think radio magic was run by LIT students. When exams were on and the lads were busy you’d have Smashing Pumpkins on a continuous loop for around a week

Yeah, the two lads who ran it were from out around there (Caherdavin I think)

I posted this a couple of weeks ago and it only got one like, hopefully people fully appreciate it now.

I remember Gerry’s radio show - he would read out abusive text messages he would receive from listeners then call out their number and something like “ok, we will have to prosecute over that one”

5 Likes

That was the best part. Reading out all the messages he was sent no matter how outrageous

1 Like

Absolute box office. The lads at RLO were actually making a few quid. Were getting in a decent bit for advertising

Gerry, Tom Ryan, Tony Browne on a Friday night was the golden age of radio.

I often fell asleep with it on repeat to be woken with an awful hangover by that one that played the organ down the phone.

Line 2: Gerry you’re only a bollix.
Ok, line 3: Fuck off Gerry.

5 Likes

And Johnny Donnegan might come on and give a few bars of the Boys of Kilmichael.

1 Like

“In my faaaahhhthers house…
When iieeeeee wassss youuuunnngg…”

Tony Browne the bollix …

1 Like

I was about the say the same. A cranky fucking hoor too. I’d a fierce run in with him years ago

Was classic stuff. Should have “taped” it off the radio back in the day…

Hi Gerry. Hope all is well

6 Likes

I’ve had a few very interesting chats with Gerry, he’s a fascinating fella to fall into conversation with.
He was nearly halfway through self publishing a large book (A4 size, about 300 pages) on the history of limerick for every year of the 20th century, yes that’s 100 books, mad fucker

Poor old Tony Browne has taken to hanging around the Centra on the Dock road chatting to/ annoying the staff, usually the actions of a lunatic,

1 Like

We’ll Ger, what’s the story?

Fuck off Ger

You wouldn’t like it here Ger

Is this the go down in Limerick now??

1 Like