Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Is Mayor John Moran any relation to Tom of the Red Cow fame?

Yes, “cousins”

Was passing the courthouse this morning and it was open, paddy wagon and photographer outside. Most unusual for a Sunday morning: any idea what was happening? I didn’t hear anything.

1 Like

Surgical glove :joy:

Home for a funeral and sitting outside Starbucks on Thomas Street. So far I’ve been approached 3 times for change, called a homophobic slur because I didn’t cough up by one fine citizen and there’s some sort of orc going through all the street rubbish bins looking for bottles and cans. The new mayor needs to come down hard on this because there’s actually a few tourists around.
A quick edit. The gardai must read TFK because a squad car has just pulled up and there’s a few children dressed as guards strolling around the place now.

4 Likes

I just had a smashing pint in myles breens. Few tourists in there too.

14 Likes

Great pint. I was in there on Friday, was surprised to see it extremely quiet while Flannery’s was packed out the door.

The last time I was in Myles Breens I had to leave,it was full of Munster and Gloucester supporters.It was a Saturday night after a European cup game.The smell of stale Guinness farts was off the charts,you could hardly breathe it was that bad.

4 Likes

The Limericks own Boston. Have the county board tapped this lad up yet?

From rugby player to Boston’s biggest commercial landlord – the Limerick man with a $2bn empire | Business Post From rugby player to Boston’s biggest commercial landlord – the Limerick man with a $2bn empire | Business Post

1 Like

I would have been great pals with his brother.

1 Like

Fair play to him. I would love to know the key thing though. How do you just “move to America” in 1995? Did he have dual citizenship, a green card, was headhunted because of top marks at college? Applied for an internship etc? I wonder is he anything to a guy called Chris Greaney, used to go into the Westward Ho in the 90s, was a Crecora or Dooradoyle man I think and was into rugby, a Garryowen man as far as I recall.

Theyre thomond/pres and from caherdavin

1 Like

Munster should get onto him for some nice prizes

1 Like

They only mention Garryowen in the piece :rage:

His cousin is president of Pres. Ill ask him for comment but i can already hear his likely response!

I think his brother ken was posted on here somewhere as was part of an advertising campaign for the radisson in limk .

Between Greaney, Brooks, and JP, the Limericks really are leaders.

1 Like