Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Same here mate.

Red Rose was a bona fide greasy spoon and had no pretentions to be anything different .

I wasn’t comparing the establishments, just on a list of Limerick haunts, the Red Rose surely deserves a mention over Java’s.

anytime i’m home now I’d head either to Patsy Nicholas or Rashers. Most of the pubs in town are generic and you could be in any place in the country these days. They’re still two proper Limerick pubs

3 Likes

Patsys is a wonderful pub. I miss it greatly.

1 Like

Patsy is some man for the chat.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’d be old enough for the old Savoy pictured. It closed in 1988.

I’d throw the Glen Tavern into that list too

Grand spot that the Glen Tavern . The father in law was a Rashers man for years but then his drinking buddy up there died and he stopped going. He was going to the Square Bar for a while but had a falling out over them not putting on some match. He’s a fierce contrary cunt :rofl:

2 Likes

The fucking telly is a fierce cause of rows in pubs. I had to deal with it in the imperial because ignorant cunts wouldnt move from the bar to the lounge to watch the 7.40 at sedgefield and lads roaring for a premier league match or whatever. There used be riots nearly

1 Like

There’s a new place opening by foxes bow that does food, wine and vinyl records. One for the forums hipsters

Yeah it’s in where that stormy teacup place used to be isn’t it ?

Head in for a bite shur :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sure the sandwiches are fucking useless unless you order two :wink:

2 Likes

they’re for people who might want a tea/coffee at lunch time. I’d say he hasn’t even a slice of bread out the back, fuck it someones after ordering a sandwich, run up to the centra there and get one at the deli

1 Like

You’ll get a grand pint and feck all messing in there in fairness. There used to be a south Tipp fella behind the bar who got a fair deal of slagging

dave from Newport?

Mate, Newport is North Tipp.

Think this lad was Clonmel direction. Can’t remember the name tbh. Was only in there a handful of times with in laws.

you’d remember the lad I’m talking about if you ever saw him. a fucking lunatic

No rasher sandwiches in the menu?[quote=“FlakeAway, post:921, topic:22592, full:true”]

Head in for a bite shur :sweat_smile:
[/quote]