Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

would you not be happy with the pregnantation girls next door no? Snobby fuck

Ah, she was a dinger, kid. Still is.

3 Likes

nice auld walk to go up and collect her from school. Would you go up by the Barracks or up Oā€™Connell Street?

:+1: :+1: :+1: This country boy did the same.

Mike & Katys did a noble late-night spice burger. The chips were terrible however.

are ye both sexton street lads?

A quick google tells me he is indeed dead

I google him and came across this blog. Some great detail on various murders, feuds etc.

@EstebanSexface is that Frankie in the front row of this:

1 Like

There used to be another Limerick blog going around also slagging off different scumbags around town. Canā€™t remember what was called now. Tā€™was gas though. He didnā€™t hold back

Iā€™m saying nathinā€¦ thatā€™s some rats website

2 Likes

I am a country boy

I found it incredible at the time that the lobster pot simply closed all of a sudden. People still talk about it.

Was that called ā€˜Limerick Bloggerā€™?

High Stool was my favourite spot as well when i started out my journey in Limerick, my best pal was working in there at the time, great nights.

But you canā€™t compare the red rose cafe to Javaā€™s, apples and oranges, Javaā€™s was a grand spot to while away a few hours.

Jaysus that was a serious spot back in the days. Would you have been out the front with the bikers or down the steps watching the bands? Saw some amazing gigs there (many not really suitable to the venue)

The lobster pot was absolute shite any time I ate in there. Just to put a bit of balance on things. I think it had long passed its peak by the time it closed

Great spot for an aul taco chip and battered sausage at 3 in the morning when youā€™d fall out of Termights or the High Stool or wherever.

Simple Kid in the High Stool on the night before the 03 Rugby final was one of my best nights ever in Limerick, went to work with odd shoes the next day

1 Like

Saw some great shows there. Yeah Yeah Yeahs 2002 and Explosions in the Sky 2004 (saw them in Costellos in 2002 as well) spring to mind, as well as loads of really cool underground acts from the States etc. (e.g. Dalek, El Guapo, and so on). Interpol cancelled twice there.
The day the smoking ban came in there was a good in there. Think it was a Monday night. Actually drove in (my way of going to gigs and not drinking) and saw a big crowd huddled outside. Said to myself it was going to be a busy one tonight. Walked into the venue and it was empty!

i only ever went in to watch bands. Iā€™d never go in there for a pint for the sake of a pint

1 Like

A nostalgic look back