Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Be a long time before I have a pint in the Woodfield again

Were you stung in there before? I can’t say I’ve had a bad one.

They do a smashing can of cider.

1 Like

We went there for my confirmation back in 94. Had a few pints with the auld lad in there and a few of his work colleagues when he retired in 01. Not sure if I’ve been there since.

No, it was more a reference to the fact we wont be going to any games in the Gaelic Grounds for a long time

1 Like

Is that the icon on the right

Ah I get you now. Ya somehow I don’t see myself trekking up the Ennis Road for the ambience of a Thursday evening any time soon.

The Ardhu must be gonzo now?

Wasn’t the Ardhú closing anyways? There’s a lot of population with fuck all pubs over that side of town. Castletroy is the same story actually.

Where Arthur’s Quay is now

1 Like

The end of Arthur’s Quay at the Hunt museum end I’d say.

What was the name of the street where sarsfield house is now??

It is the bottom of Patrick st (Rutland st) looking up O’Connell st. All the right is gone, now sarsfield house and Arthur’s quay

Had to Google that. Francis Street.

https://memorylanelimerick.com/p802350600/h37E70563

1 Like

Good man . In Keeping with the rest of Limerick, a first name which marks the son or daughter of one if the wealthy families who developed Newtown.

My mother says that’s cannocks drapers in what is now Pennys. The clock face from that is in the City Council building by the potato market apparently.

Ya, sure they have a modern clock in the same spot over pennies.

Had it gone into serious disrepair that they were allowed knock a building like that.

Wouldn’t that have been lovely facing across from Cruises hotel.

The building could be the same wne the facade just gone. Looks similar structure wise to what’s there now

I remember Cannocks. Not that long ago

1 Like