Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

The place in Clarina is cleaning up nevermind Mallow.

Ya what’s the other one closest to Dublin? One the sons of the people who have the lease for that one was in college with my friend back your way.

He was saying the only issue they have is storing enough stuff on the site. Literally pissing money.

Junction 14 was the original. I remember when I first moved to Dublin it was the only show in town. An absolute gold mine. I’d say Obama has taken a chunk off it but it’s still, again, making millions.
I’d imagine fat pat saw the dough the Supermacs was making there and said I’ll have some of that thanks

Junction 14 was the one, the Fitzpatricks of Monasterevin, they owned the petrol station there on the Dublin side that everyone stopped in. Sold tractors and Toyotas. They knew their audience.

The son saw the motorway coming, bought a skelp of land, put in for one of the official rest areas from the govt and was refused. So he ploughed his own money into it and bang, Junction 14, a solid fucking fortune.

And then he went off and married a doctor just for good measure.

I can imagine they are making close to a 7 figure profit on the likes of coffee alone.

Who gives a fuck.

It’s an absolute no brainer. You take deli food and big cups of milky coffee, two of Irish people’s favourite things, and then you put people on a boring road where the only distraction is service stations which are full of these things. “Shooting fish in a barrel” comes to mind.

If the government built a set of service stations along the M20 themselves it would probably pay for the motorway itself.

What would it be from exit to exit, 45 minutes. Not within the stop for a bite timeframe

Don’t think there’s any plaza on the western corridor, if you were going Limerick to Sligo direction say

No harm. I much prefer leaving a bit early and tipping into a village or town for a bit of proper food and a sit down.

I find those plazas vulgar

2 Likes

I love Treacy’s at the Heath @myboyblue

1 Like

The horse and jockey is a lovely treat.

3 Likes

Tommy and Marie are good stock

1 Like

It’ll be used by a lot more than just people going from Limerick city to Cork city.

It will but the m20 will be from Limerick to Cork only. Would many gang stop say 20 minutes into their journey or 20 from their destination, assuming it was somewhere around half way?

They might if they were hungry, or needed fuel. Or if they had spent an extra ten mins in Limerick to get to the motorway, and another ten mins in Cork to get to their destination after the motorway, and their actual journey was over an hour. Or if they were coming from Galway. Or any number of other permutations really.

It’ll make a killing alright. Between the motorways and these cunts of things a lot of business will go to shit along the old road.

In a way I despise them myself. But they’re just too damn handy. You can’t stop progress.

I’ll still pull into newtwopot to that little truckers place. An absolute gem.

I suppose you are coming from further afield so i’ll allow the stop …