Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Wasn’t there a prominent ex Clare hurler involved in those resurrections??

I think twas something to do with the local squash club, which was the first time I ever heard of that particular entity.

Colbert Station Quarter :clap: :clap:

Would the fucking cunts ever start building the fucking operah centre and fuck off with their “concepts” they are going to end up doing fuck all with

1 Like

You’d want your head examined to buy an “affordable home” around there, it’ll have all kinds of riff raff parachuted in next to you for free gaffs.

2 Likes

Seems to be the way they want to go though, totally agree with you - unless this is exceptionally well done in terms of amenities, 2 or 3 thousand units there could be a repeat of similar mistakes made in the past. The other argument is what can you do and cities do need people living there,

Interestingly something on a lot smaller scale was turned down in Annacotty the other day, believe there was a co-living aspect to it though.

Edit below -

That’ll never be built lads, I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

Luigi will coin it

2 Likes

This article is in the Cork Examiner though they might actually be serious this time.

Luigis, the Railway Hotel and Charlie St. Georges better be listed buildings. They can have the rest of the block with my blessing.

Nope, never mind, first couple of paragraphs:

Limerick will get a look at five visions for the future of Colbert Station Quarter, with a series of new plans set to be unveiled.

Previously, it has been suggested the build could cost somewhere between €1bn and €2bn.

They’re talking about 100 acres behind the train station I believe , mate.

Would be parallel to to the train tracks out along by Glasgow park etc.

Don’t think its a runner to be honest either.

Can’t bate getting a carry out at Fine Wines for a Saturday train to Dublin on all Ireland weekend

Yes, think the area stretches up behind the jail and St. Joseph’s.

1 Like

The CIE have a big grounds the whole way along there, under the bridge. Running from the back of Jackman park almost to the end of Glasgow park

Looks really really good in fairness.

It’ll have trains going through the middle of it

That’ll cause havoc for the people exiting the concerts, hurling, soccer and bespoke sports matches all at the same time.

Pie in the sky stuff

1 Like

The road infrastructure around it would be appalling. The childers road is a nightmare as it is