Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Standard November headline covid or no covid. Its a disgrace. Probably the main point brought up at the doorsteps before the GE in limerick clare and north tipp

1 Like

The place is riddled with it.

So from a pure infrastructure pov there is a railway line connecting to Limerick & Galway fairly close by in Cratloe/Sixmilebridge already - it’s not like they have to bulldoze through or under half of Dublin city to build this.

But yeah - I’d like to see what the projected passenger numbers would be. :thinking:

1 Like

The Western Rail Corridor never took off with passenger numbers. The quality of the line and the slowness of the trains were the main issue. A detour to Shannon would slow it up more but I think that would surely boost numbers it it came about.

The bus to Galway also detours through Shannon and Ennis making it’s journey time very slow compared to a car. There’s nothing I’d like to see more as I use the train a lot but a re-education of the commuting public and higher density housing are necessities.

Half of it is under water during the winter flooding too.

2 Likes

Any major rain over the winter and its gone for 2 or 3 months sure.

And another 6 for repairs

Not fit for purpose. When I was living in Corbally trying to get to work you’d be held up by the lower park road train tracks for 5 minutes sometimes,

And their might be 3 souls on one carriage, total joke.

Christ they allowed some fuck to be made of the city. I think this is Superdrug now

2 Likes

The building is still there, they should be made restore the original shop front.

1 Like

We could have been Ireland’s Edinburgh

2 Likes

Its cheaper and quicker to drive in most cases.

1 Like

Where the Golden Grill is further down the street is another fine building if up look up at it but sure all you see at street level is a big sign for Centra and two or three Jacintas hanging around outside it in their pyjamas.

1 Like

Shannon to Limerick would be a very busy commuter road in the morning in both directions.

Bastards

If they’d set out to ruin William St, they couldn’t have done a better job. Feel sorry for the legitimate bussiness there.

Now the High Street is struggling all over Ireland, but they haven’t had the fuck taken out of them like Limerick. Knocking some of the finest buildings in the country, defacing the others, the ever expanding Crescent and not enough free parking in town. They even built a University far enough out that half the student population has never been in town.

Stupud, thick, bastards, and its too far gone now

1 Like

Edinburgh must have a rake of €2 shops?

1 Like

They use Pound Sterling in Scotland mate, but nice try at a funny.

For legal reasons I’ll refrain from making a joke about Henry Street investigating corruption. But I’ll let everyone come up with a funny one in their own heads and take the likes accordingly