Memorable Performances

I have been attending Croke Park since 1956, on the day Purcell destroyed Paddy (Pádraigs father)
Paddy Harrington, enabling Frankie Stockwell amass 2-05 from play. This was the era of teak-tough
full-backs, Mattie Mac & Frank Eivers at midfield, Purcell and Stockwell up front…

I’ve seen them all, Tub McCartan, Sean O’Neill, Tony McTague, Mikey Sheehy, Colm O’Rourke and the rest.

Yesterday Diarmuid Connolly gave a performance that ranks with any of the above. When the need was greatest he delivered. Points off either side, crucial goais, ball-winning, distribution…and held the head.

Outstanding in my book.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 918184, member: 246”]I have been attending Croke Park since 1956, on the day Purcell destroyed Paddy (Pádraigs father)
Paddy Harrington, enabling Frankie Stockwell amass 2-05 from play. This was the era of teak-tough
full-backs, Mattie Mac & Frank Eivers at midfield, Purcell and Stockwell up front…

I’ve seen them all, Tub McCartan, Sean O’Neill, Tony McTague, Mikey Sheehy, Colm O’Rourke and the rest.

Yesterday Diarmuid Connolly gave a performance that ranks with any of the above. When the need was greatest he delivered. Points off either side, crucial goais, ball-winning, distribution…and held the head.

Outstanding in my book.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear, he has immense talent.

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 918184, member: 246”]I have been attending Croke Park since 1956, on the day Purcell destroyed Paddy (Pádraigs father)

An outstanding performance, however it will have an asterisk beside it because we are talking about a Mayo team in an All Ireland Final.

When Laois get to an All Ireland come back to us.

Typical snobbery of the landed gentry, pointing to the roll of honour as if it tempers the ability of one person to comment on a matter. My opinion is as valid as that of the next man and you or any other will not shout me down.

You muppet. This has nothing to do with opinion. It’s a jackass from an unsuccessful county trying to ridicule a far more successful county. It’s ridiculously stupid, appropriately.

The roll of honour does judge preclude one from any county on judging how good Mayo play in All Ireland Finals. The evidence speaks for itself. Richie Feeney merely copperfastened and added to the long list of Mayo All Ireland Final brain farts yesterday. Tough on him, but no less stupid. Connolly almost “superman” like performance yesterday is tempered accordingly.

That’s some rubbish right there, as much as you have ever spouted.

:D, WTF?

listened to the game on the wireless and commentary said as much

You’re right, you have no leg to stand on, do your usual and try extricate yourself from the shite you’re in as quickly as possible.

Who was on the mic yesterday for it? Connolly had all the time in the world yesterday, through design or circumstance and he hardly put a foot wrong. It was almost unbelievable.

Matthew McConaughey in True Detective-spellbinding performance from the man once labelled a Mimbo. An acting colossus now.

+1.

To be fair I don’t think boxtyeater was trying to ridicule anyone.

Stayed up until 2:30 this morning watching the last 4 episodes, bro. I’m fucking knackered this morning.

Sharon Stone, Basic Instinct.

I was sneered at by my wife for talking about his rejuvenation when I watched the Lincoln Lawyer. I was right then and I’m right now.

Stevie me, the man that hates Liverpool, against Manchester Utd on the 16/3/14. He strolled around the park not giving a fuck yet dismantled the current league champions.

Not sure if you are trying (or think you are being) funny, so I’ll state the obvious, I was talking about MBB.

I was trying (and succeeding) in being funny Kev.