Mental Health Day

This place is full of bravado and wannabe tough guys. Never mind all that shite though, if any lad is feeling it or isn’t feeling it go and talk. Trust me you are not alone, there is support out there. This has been a cunt of a year for pretty much everyone, be mindful when you speak and be ready to lend your ear and listen too.
Also fuck Bressie

20 Likes

Hear hear…

Don’t anyone take anything I ever say on here to them to heart, this place is for the craic.

Any you lads know, if ye need a chat or any bit of help to always drop me a line.

4 Likes

My head is melted. fuck the world.

1 Like

I’m willing to talk zen with anyone who needs it

This is a very tough time. We may never know how tough. Some of the simple things that people relyed on may no longer be possible. They may have lost loved ones, be worried for their jobs, their future or their health.

Or they may feel they have no reason to feel sad but still do. It happens. It’s happened to me several times in my life.

Just to echo what @carryharry said above, anyone who wants to is more than welcome to PM me

Rely on the intelligence of the body. Thoughts and feelings are just your body’s way of adjusting to the world. So long as you let it do its thing and trust in it you will be alright.

1 Like

Are you calling all the fatties dumb?

I don’t follow.

If your body was intelligent it could surely keep the weight off.

I’d a long post written earlier but i deleted it …
Been hit with a dose of the blues the last few days out of nowhere and not something i’ve ever experienced before and for no reason really. i’m fine - shit can just get on top of a man every now and then, but that’s life.

Good to see lads talking openly here tho.

12 Likes

:hugs:

2 Likes

Hope all ok pal. Drop me a WhatsApp if you need

I was in a funk for a few weeks but things have turned around thankfully in last couple of weeks. No reason or logic to it really

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m speaking from a mental health point of view in terms of our conscious experience.

Everyone in the whole country has low-level depression currently. You’d have to be an awful cunt not to.

Ah all good kid- dont want to make a big deal out of it but since others were openly talking i said i’d just put it out there … you dont know who’s reading and what they’re going through … but as lads have said, no one is alone.

4 Likes

Depression is a strange one. I’ve got everything going for me and yet even i get a little bit down sometimes. Fuck knows how the rest of you cope.

2 Likes

Big difference between the state of depression and the natural feeling of being down.

There’s always tomorrow, guys.

Things might be hopeless now, or just a bit off but it’s temporary, and will get better.

Two suggestions. Limit social media, I’ve cut twitter and Instagram down to a browse in a half hour window each evening, I don’t look at it the rest of the day. Only been doing this a week but I don’t miss it and am missing nothing.

Second if anyone is into audiobooks or non audio books give lost connections by Johann Hari a go.

2 Likes