Mental Health Day

How would one recognise the difference farmer?

The state of a depression is state of existence that lasts all day for however long it tends to stay around.

Feeling down is a fleeting feeling that goes after a while.

2 Likes

Covid-19 has allowed me to watch The Sorpranos, Cheers and I have started The Wire.

Every cloud.

I wish I could go back and watch the wire again for the first time. What a show

1 Like

Cheers was better

Is that what gave you the love for the pub? Have you hired a Diane?

Cheers is an under appreciated classic. A perfect show

1 Like

Lets go with that

John Allen Hill

:clap:

1 Like

I still haven’t seen it. Or breaking bad

It would be time well spent mate

I’ll give the wire a spin soon. I’m out of things to watch currently.

Keep the head up, kid. I’d say there’s hardly anyone in the country hasn’t felt like that at some stage during this shit show. It will pass.

I said this before but i was shot down.
It’s great to see threads like this where fellas are free to open up a little, but I’m not sure that the usual craic on here is good for the soul when you’re feeling a bit down, depends obviously on your status as a poster, some guys appear beloved while others take a lot of shit on a daily basis.
while i was going through a really awful time with a sick relative last year I regularly logged on here to read some nasty unprovoked shit, at the time i was trying to avoid the place but I wasn’t able to resist doing it every once in a while, just made me feel worse.
Great that lads can talk openly sometimes, but what passes as banter can be nasty enough sometimes, you never know whats in a fellas head
Look after yereselves

I’m feeling a bit funny today, i said something similar in a PM earlier

2 Likes

It’s a very fine line, and one I’m sure we all stray either side of occasionally.

A lot of people find an outlet through humour, especially black humour (read somewhere once that a huge proportion of the world’s best comedians were depressed).

Whatever works for ya do, but never take something an anonymous poster on the internet says seriously

2 Likes

You just have to treat anything negative as water off a ducks back to be honest. I think lads use this place to blow off steam or scream at the world sometimes. You’ve been the target of some vicious stuff but that’s more of an indication of something wrong with the speaker rather than the recipient,or that’s how I always take it. Again use it to suit you, I’ve often got a laugh out of here when needed, but other days I know reading stuff will only piss me off further so try, sometimes unsuccessfully, to not bother too much with it.

Go out for a walk by yourself if you can, see does that clear your head.

1 Like

I’ve struggled hugely with my mental health in tHe past two years but once I realised the World doesn’t owe me a living and I’m not the only one With problems I’ve been doing well.

1 Like

I’m a pisces so I’m full of love and sometimes the harsh reality of life can get me down.

But don’t worry brothers, if I can use the words of the great bard, Bon Jovi:

"She says, we’ve got to hold on to what we’ve got
It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not
We’ve got each other and that’s a lot for love
We’ll give it a shot"

2 Likes

This is good advice.

Was browsing through bookface today, starting deleting a few flutes who are constantly being negative.
Facebook is an utter cesspit of fools & bigots. Instagram doesn’t seem anywhere near as bad as Twitter & Facebook.

1 Like

Twitter is unreal.

The rest of them are shite.