Mice

The mother fucked off quick but I hadnt the heart to do anything to the youngsters.

What’s wrong with you??

That looks like rats mate

That time of year, be vigilant fellow TFK’ers.

the glue traps are the best, you have to finish them off with a shovel though and they always shit their guts out

That’s an odd place to have a mouse inside in your car.

Although I knew a lad once had a rat in the car (he got in under the dash board) caused fierce damage altogether. Ate everything.

At this time of year, field mice and rodents will go anywhere for a bit of warmth and shelter. Fields are being ploughed up and their habitat is crumbling around them. They’ll come up under the engine for the heat, and if you have youngsters who leave fucking crumbs everywhere, they’ll sniff it out and you’ll see the tell tale signs soon enough. Paper shredded, chewing marks.

At that point, it becomes war. And to win war, you must become war.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the droppings.

Thankfully he didnt shit himself. Another trap tonight to see if he had any friends.

Mice are sound. Rats are cunts.

The missus wouldnt agree. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

I was after doing a turn for an elderly bachelor rustic years ago about this time of the year.
We adjourned inside for the customary few glasses in honour of the Holy Souls. I was sitting in a converted VW car seat thingy facing out toward the yard when I spotted the remains of a cooked chicken on the table.
He was a daycent oul’ divil, generous to a fault at home or in a public house and as he rose to replenish the whiskey I spotted a fine plump mouse scooting out the arse of the chicken and down the table. We ploughed on with the conversation, lies compounded even further tall tales until the memorable utterance
“You’ll have a sandwich Boxty, you must be starving”

Begod I was starving but not just that hungry. We ploughed on regardless.

God be good to you Tommie Dxxxxxxx, you were one of the very best.

17 Likes

Wise man, chicken was obviously undercooked

I’m not so sure. His prose indicates he may have sampled it. We’ll need clarification.

You need to get yourself a good mousehound

I wouldn’t keep him in the car though.

He’ll keep the local population down though. We’d have had problems with mice in times past, in the car too once. Since we got the mousehound zero issues.

1 Like

My place is riddled at the moment, I’ve caught 3 in last week. Put poison down outside yesterday but I’d say the rain has ruined it

Best thing you can do outside is cover all the vents with very fine chicken wire. Put the poison down inside where the dogs can’t reach it. If it’s only mice you have the stink won’t be too bad. If it’s rats it’ll be like you’ve a corpse under the floorboards