Michael McKevitt - No Justice No Surprise

The DUP.

Fuck me what a horrible shower of bastards. Not intent with inflaming sectarian division , they sent Protestant working class people to war while they all retired to their professional jobs full of greed and corruption.

3 Likes

That was the argument put forth yes…

And how has that worked out? If Irish history teaches us anything it’s that “the means to achieve” argument is bullshit. The 26 \ 6 became the status quo and for 50 years the 26 didn’t give a fuck about what was happening in the 6.

1 Like

A bit like Birmingham, the bombers will claim that they didn’t mean to kill so many. In Birmingham the phone box identified to call in the warning was vandalised and they had to find another, losing vital seconds before the bomb exploded. In Omagh, they got the street name wrong in their warning to UTV causing chaos and people running into the bomb.

If they really cared the most important part of their planning was to make sure the warning was delivered on time and correctly.

Maybe just don’t plant the bombs to begin with in busy town centres packed with civilians. Republicans always the victims and always someone else to blame.

Did the leading of the Rising claim they did not intend for so many civilians to be killed.

Such a fucking hypocrite.

It was a ridiculous promise. The Free State set-up was going to take all the energy for many years. That, alongside the radicalised Protestant majority in the six counties, meant it was never going to happen for a century anyway.

I know that… And don’t dispute that turning our backs on our backs on our northern brethren caused the troubles as much as anything… shameful.

@farmerinthecity’s take on the DUP above could easily be used about FF/FG … More interested in building their own personal fortunes than helping people.

You can’t compare the civil war with Omagh tho… Not on the back of the GFA… The GFA was seismic and it’s message was loud and clear… the whole island wanted an end to violence. The question then becomes who were the continuity IRA bombing on behalf of? A few fanatics?

2 Likes

You can.

The Rising leaders did not plant random bombs in crowded civilian areas and walk away.

2 Likes

I’m not telling lies but evidently you are.

No they had a gun battle in the middle of a crowded city that 260 civilians died in

Much more dignified.

You bampot.

Civilians weren’t deliberately targeted though.

Also they fought man on man. They weren’t cowardly enough to drop a bomb in a civilian area and then run away.

1 Like

They weren’t deliberately targeted in Omagh either.

Unless you’re saying having a city centre gun battle is more acceptable than a city centre pre warned bombing?

I struggle to see any semblance of logic from you here. The civilian loss of life during the Rising was circa 10x more of that than Omagh.

“Excuse me Doris, I just want to shoot my gun at that British gentleman there if you would not mind crossing the road first, thanks.”

1 Like

Yet they were cowardly enough to shoot guns at each other with innocent civilians in plain sight.

If you’re going to kill civilians there’s the @farmerinthecity way and then there’s the wrong way.

Would you go away you clown!

That’s what you’ve said, you’ve defended the killing of 260 civilians because they were shot with stray bullets in a city centre gun fight. The @farmerinthecity way and the wrong way to kill a civilian.

It really is refreshing to see this Road to Damascus conversion from @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy - calling out the 1916 Rising as the wanton slaughter and bloodlust that it was and Michael Collins as a sectarian murdering thug.

No the start of meaningful peace I think