Micko

Whatā€™s he saying

Missed this tonight must check it out. Did he tell the story of how he forced them to take him back for the second spell of his Kerry playing career? A great yarn

He was a hungry auld bollox. Whoring himself around the country for cash when he already had lots of it. Poaching players away from weaker counties to play for his latest project. And while itā€™s sad to see how age has caught up with him he hasnā€™t lost the ability to slap himself on the back repeatedly.

4 Likes

Id save my tears for others tbh. Hes had an innings most could only dream of. Hes shook looking now but hes in his 80s

1 Like

I hope you die screaming

1 Like

He brought joy hitherto unimagined to my county and Kildare. Heā€™ll always hold a special place for that reason for the people of both. The accusations of him taking money etc, well thereā€™s cunts going around taking it and delivering fuck all. Micko delivered, even in Wicklow. He earned his money.

7 Likes

100%. Who gives a fuck what he got he earned it

I enjoyed that.

At least heā€™s 81 making them. Not like that prick Tony McCoy.

The back slapping was JustinMcCarthyesque

2 Likes

Precisely. He can be accused of a lot of things, but that one was always the most laughable. His strike rate was phenomenal.

He spoke about money quite a bit

It was unsettling

1 Like

A great watch. The story, the man, the scenery, the great players. Some great memories. Nice to see the Spillane clips so that these young fellas could see that he was much much more than a pundit. Mickey Ned getting cleaned out. Remember watching it live. Hadnā€™t realized how close to the goal he was. And the size of the gut on Jimmy Keaveny.

2 Likes

That was a really enjoyable hour of tv. It would put ya in good form while watching it. Some great old clips from the archives especially from the dressing rooms.

Like him or not he brought a great buzz to the GAA. He brought great joy to many counties more so than any politician or other media figurehead could ever dream of.

I thought he was very honest and spoke well about old age and how losing 82 affected him. He had a great gra for that group of players.

3 Likes

You already posted that tweet mate

2 Likes

Using the word hitherto as well :joy:

1 Like

@myboyblue hatred of the Dubs and the ā€œdrive for fiveā€ makes sense now.

Micko was lucky to have been born before Dublin took football seriously.

5 Likes

Check out the big brain on @myboyblue !

1 Like

Sorry to go all @GeoffreyBoycott on you pal but Dublin won 15 All Irelands prior to the birth of Mick Oā€™Dwyer and 12 subsequently. Looks like they took it slightly more seriously before he was born.

6 Likes

It got more hop there