Midlife Crisis

I’m a Fianna Fail man, Juhniallio. Bank roberies are not my style, robbing bookmaker legally is more my sort of thing.

:lol: That’s impossible unfortunately. Although CM’s photo there has given me a few ideas :strokechin:

Well that’s the understatement of the year, it starts in 9 days!! Bike riding may well be the one for excercise you know. Some great treks around this country of ours I’m sure.

Which means you have an in… Make good for the country and slit some throats.

If you do that, I’ll let you away with punching yourself in the face a few times.

CM why do you consider long distance running bad for your health? Have taken it up in last year and thoroughly enjoy it.
TTK there are loads of cycling events you could do. All of the An Post Events are particularly well run imo and there are other options later in the summer for Wicklow. Cycling up mountains of Ireland is hard to beat. Good bike will set you back about a thousand euro.

From what I’ve read it is bad for your cardivascular system as a whole. Puts strain on the heart/arteries. Even tho long distance runners may have lower fat levels and are leaner, tests show many of them have higher blood pressure. Kev threw up a great article on something similar before in the fitness thread.

Interesting thanks CM.
Will look into that after I do Newry marathon on Sunday.

Larry was it hard on the legs making the change from cycling to running?

Not particularly balbec. I find cycling tougher these months as I’m not doing it as regularly but to be honest I found marathon easier compared to some of cycling events I’ve done. All depends on pace I suppose but nothing in long distance running is tougher or more enjoyable than cycling up a mountain imo. Looking forward to getting back to it must say.

This post is about as far off topic you can go for a lad out to have a Ferris Bueller’s on his life. Shame on you boys.

bumped for @The_Tipping_King

Hows the mid life crisis mate? over?

I’ve recently had the opposite of a midlife crisis, my life has got better in ways that I never though possible, when I was living in Ireland and in the throws of alcoholism. since moving to England my career has spiraled upwards at unbelievable rate, my health, fitness and well being is at all time high meaning women find me attractive and confident, I feel 25 instead of 38, has anyone else experienced this?

3 Likes

Whats the opposite of a crisis?

Mid life crescendo

4 Likes

Did you have a midlife crescendo @Tassotti?

I’ve a junior match today on the back of a wedding last night where I was supposed to “mind” myself… did I fuck? I went full roaster on it. That’ll be my crisis :persevere:

1 Like

On the beer the night before a Championship match? You horrible cunt, I’m seething with you here.

I’m fucking seething with myself here mate, I had great intentions. Feels like I’m waiting to walk the green mile

What a cunt. I hope you get some 16 year old county minor to mind today and he runs a train on you.

4 Likes

You should do the decent thing and perform a misery style leg break on yourself rather than the ultimate indignity which you would otherwise put yourself and your teammates through later today.

1 Like

you have let yourself, your family and your team down because you could not control yourself when it came to alcohol

12 Likes

Also the parish. Don’t forget the parish.
The coach, the selector, and that half mad national school teacher who encouraged you to stick with It when you thought the other lads were laughing at your effort to rise and strike ball without hurting yourself.
You’ve let them all down. Down with a Big Bang.

4 Likes