Midlife Crisis

Fuck all ye doubting cunts, I’m gonna go out and feast on whatever they throw at me

3 Likes

How did your game go, pal?

I have more time to work on my golf game now

2 Likes

I played centre back in a junior b championship semi final two weeks ago. At 0130 I was lowering calvados with the brothers in London Town, the end of an epic night of beer, wine, bubbles and brandy… At 0700 I was on the road driving the 230 odd miles back to manc. At 1200 I was playing away on an unseasonably hot day.
My main recollection, having thoroughly enjoyed the game, was that with two minutes to go, we were only two points down, and I still wanted the ref to blow up as I was so fucked I couldn’t run any more.
Also, the second half seemed a good hour or more long.
The main benefit of getting old is being able to drink your fill before any game you like*

*being equally shite whether sober, drunk, trained or larded up.

6 Likes

A hobbling? That’s hardcore just to get out of getting roasted.

1 Like

It’s the only way he’ll learn

1 Like

Signing in.

1 Like

Is that really a tattoo of his estranged daughter on his arm? Fucking hell…

I’d imagine quite a few people will tune in to watch wio getting punched in the face. Sure he even talks like a boxer already

Played an intermediate semi final last Friday which went to ET and I’m still hobbling around today. Played my best match in years at centre back marking a county u21. Have to go again this Wednesday. Have just spent the night doing Epsom salt baths, foam rolling to loosen muscles. Have taken solpadol and difene to treat the right knee. I must have no cartilage left there. Off to bed now as the hour before 12 is vital. Night y’all.

21 Likes

Johnny

What age are you ? Was it football or hurling ?

And takes the same PED’s.

33 Ashman. Its football Wednesday but play hurling too. Squad is threadbare. I’ll just leave it at “young fellas these days”. But we do have a conveyor belt of 16/17 year olds coming after nothing for a few years. They have won A titles all the way up at underage. They might wheel me out for 5 minutes at the end of a county final when they are 10 points up for a swansong and give me my moment in the sun. The missus who is a nurse thinks I’m a mad man.

2 Likes

You’re only a kid.

3 Likes

I was expecting to read that he was 41.

2 Likes

FFS 33. He has 7/8 more years in him.

1 Like

At least

1 Like

33 is no age ffs! Loads left in the tank. Keep going

1 Like