Midlife Crisis

Buy an instrument, preferably something a little niche like a banjo and learn to play it.

By the time the Fleàdh comes around you’ll be able to team up with suspended poster @HBV and distinguish yourselves and the forum.

Don’t bother with everyday yokes like fiddles or accordeons, every cunt is playing them.

2 Likes

I think this thread, the John Delaney thread and the Brexit thread have been taking uncannily similar trends the last few hours and are about to be unified by @Sidney in the George Hook thread

Nice one…some people get a great energy from being near the sea… The ones who don’t get it will never understand…

2 Likes

You need one of these @Juhniallio
Nothing screams midlife crisis quite like it. People understand your frame of mind, and account for it.

6 Likes

Did you get rid of the BMW

No that’s a shaft drive and abs for the winter and wet.

It’s a beaut.

Have you a bike?

No, I’ve a midlife crisis hankering for one but I’ve also 2 young kids and not much help. I’ve a mate who has a nice collection of vincents, nortons etc. That’ll have to do me.

2 Likes

I actually got mine as I need to pick up my little lass a fair bit from school and I could only get there by six on a bike, but I enjoy it. I didn’t drive much anyhow, used cycle everywhere, but I got too old and tired for the distances and my work started to suffer. Two wains with little help can be hard and lonely at times.
You should do the direct access anyhow.
The “classic” motorbike bubble is an almighty bubble at present.
I’ve never seen a Vincent.

Norton’s were class

You pick your daughter up on a Ducati? Is that safe?

Think of the street cred that kid has

1 Like

Still are

1 Like

Loved the old bikes had a GPz 80s class,-

You almost got away
escape2

3 Likes

Amen to that

6 Likes

It wears a bit thin with her in the winter. I was in getting a bike serviced and he had some second hand leathers out the back. There was an extra small ladies there which I bought off him for thirty quid which she wears. Anyhow herself asked where it came from, so I told her from the shed at the back of malcs motorcycles. Turns out it was a belstaff jacket with a rrp of £1200. Lass will only wear it under threat as its too heavy she says.

1 Like

I suspect a yummy mummy or two might have influenced the motorbike purchase…

1 Like

Would it not be easier if your driver picked her up?

1 Like