Mindfulness- Good Karma- Zen

The new mouse want’s to embrace mindfulness, positive vibes, love and general zen…Anyone here meditate or embrace mantras or anything along those lines?

I welcome your jokes, sarcastic comments and the little nuggets of advice.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1130857, member: 168”]The new mouse want’s to embrace mindfulness, positive vibes, love and general zen…Anyone here meditate or embrace mantras or anything along those lines?

I welcome your jokes, sarcastic comments and the little nuggets of advice.[/QUOTE]

have a kid and you will start to appreciate the quiet moments of reflection a lot more

I’d say so Art… But i’m on about being a better person here. I lash out constantly- poor @Horsebox is usually at the end of these punches. How does one change their being from murderous rage to zen?

simples: murderous rages are for online & @Horsebox, zen is for reality

@TheUlteriorMotive 's highly recommended book the chimp paradox will help you first understand why you are a lunatic and how to tame the urges to blow up like nitro…

We have a spirituality thread mate, more enlightened members such as myself and kp can be found posting in it

1 Like

I’ve flicked through it- it’s unreal. But i’m looking for the tools to thrive here, mate… reading about other people’s spiritual moments is great but I need to know how I incorporate certain actions into my own life to have these same experiences.Beating Tipperary in Thurles last June was the last time I was in a zen like state.

Go away to fuck, you were no more inside in Thurles than Shep the fucking Dog. *

• I’m sure there were plenty of dogs on show

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1130885, member: 1517”]Go away to fuck, you were no more inside in Thurles than Shep the fucking Dog. *

• I’m sure there were plenty of dogs on show[/QUOTE]

Because I love, I won’t get angry at that horrible attack on me. I sat with Phil Leotardo, his dad, sister and his sister’s friend that day. Unreal.

Are you going to sit with myself, @balbec[/USER] & [USER=1170]@flattythehurdler next day out?

Esteemed company… It depends how close you sit to @Joe Player . I want to be on the opposite side of the stadium to him preferably.

‘This too shall pass’ is a mantra i use from time to time. I believe it helps me maintain perspective in times of stress.*

*I believe it is meant to be used intimes of excessive elation also in order to keep one grounded.

I’m just happy to serve a purpose on here, bud and if that is as your e-punchbag, then so be it.

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 1130900, member: 53”]‘This too shall pass’ is a mantra i use from time to time. I believe it helps me maintain perspective in times of stress.*

*I believe it is meant to be used intimes of excessive elation also in order to keep one grounded.[/QUOTE]

Superb :clap:

I use a similar technique for anxiety. Thought comes in. That can’t be controlled or should it be. What can be controlled is the reaction. I believe that we are programmed to be constantly negative. It is amazing the sheer volume of negative thoughts that come to mind with no evidence of truth whatsoever. I watch them and say something like ‘this too shall pass’ and the lack of attention causes them to die away. They can come back again and again but repeat infinitum.

Read the Chimp Paradox

Chimp is Emotional Brain - an emotion is an offer - you can accept or reject it

Exercise the Chimp
Box the Chimp
Give the Chimp a Banana

If a situation happens mentally climb into a helicopter and hover over the situation observing it.

2 Likes

The Chimp Paradox - Summarised

http://bookoutlines.pbworks.com/w/page/62064595/The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme for Confidence, Success and Happiness

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1130932, member: 2272”]Read the Chimp Paradox

Chimp is Emotional Brain - an emotion is an offer - you can accept or reject it

Exercise the Chimp
Box the Chimp
Give the Chimp a Banana

If a situation happens mentally climb into a helicopter and hover over the situation observing it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds easy, but there are a lot of variables you are not taking into stock there, my friend. You would first need some sort of emotional intelligence - Recognizing, managing emotions etc. etc. What if someone was depressed or had years of repressing emotion? - and on that note, what happens if you reject an emotion, where does it go? Is that not repressing it and as such leading to an explosion down the road… Serenity now… serenity now… serenity now

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1130928, member: 24”]Superb :clap:

I use a similar technique for anxiety. Thought comes in. That can’t be controlled or should it be. What can be controlled is the reaction. I believe that we are programmed to be constantly negative. It is amazing the sheer volume of negative thoughts that come to mind with no evidence of truth whatsoever. I watch them and say something like ‘this too shall pass’ and the lack of attention causes them to die away. They can come back again and again but repeat infinitum.[/QUOTE]

Ah the oul negative thoughts circle. I had the epiphany one day that weird thoughts didnt make me weird. They should be seen like products on the shelf in a supermarket. You can look at them, pick them up if you wish but you can also pass them by and never think of them again.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1130857, member: 168”]The new mouse want’s to embrace mindfulness, positive vibes, love and general zen…Anyone here meditate or embrace mantras or anything along those lines?

I welcome your jokes, sarcastic comments and the little nuggets of advice.[/QUOTE]
I meditate in ways. Often just going down the fields with the dogs is enough, sit under a tree and daydream. Once a week is vital, more ideal.
On the flip side, some cunt drove into a loading bay today behind me that I was clearly indicating and waiting for. Tried to bullshit me then, so I told him to get the fuck out of the way or I’d block him in and fuck off for the day. He told me get fucked, so I blocked him in. Had moved down to an ATM. Saw the cunt drive up on footpath (on the south mall) and eventually squeeze out. He never left the van.
Did I win that one?
Anyway, a good row every now and then is good too I believe.

The only thing that anyone has to do really is get comfortable with who they are. I now believe that’s the most important thing in life.
Everything is easier after that.