Mindfulness- Good Karma- Zen

I hear what you guys are saying but I don’t know if it’s as easy as just ignoring negative thoughts when they occur - thoughts are energy- energy can not be destroyed etc. etc. I suppose that where other aspects of one’s life come into play- exercise, sleep diet… I certainly think 5 minutes ‘check in’ time daily will be a good start.

Kevin Rowland - The Greatest Love of All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT9yf-Qa_1M

Sorry @Bandage . Thanks for caring.

new stand

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1130976, member: 2272”]Kevin Rowland - The Greatest Love of All

[/QUOTE]
your sick that is just wrong

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1130857, member: 168”]The new mouse want’s to embrace mindfulness, positive vibes, love and general zen…Anyone here meditate or embrace mantras or anything along those lines?

I welcome your jokes, sarcastic comments and the little nuggets of advice.[/QUOTE
good for @ChocolateMice :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1130976, member: 2272”]Kevin Rowland - The Greatest Love of All

[/QUOTE]
Brings a new meaning to come on eileen

Mouse, we know you’re an infinitely complex fella. Unabashed shit-stirrer, caring traveller-helper, rampant ex-renton, cheeky chappy barrow-boy type of a weekend, angry aggressive keyboard warrior chap. Why concentrate on the bad? Why not (as caoimhin says) accept the fucked up mix of a man you are and be proud of it? Thoughts are energy my hoop. You are giving them way too much power. Thoughts are passing whispers in the wind. Laugh at the bad ones as they drift away. Accept you can be a horrible dangerous devious cunt from time to time (and try not to be that fella) but rejoice in the good and don’t beat yourself up.

I’m doing it for my unborn children, mate. That and to enhance the quality of my real life.

Download headspace or calm from the playstore.

Upon waking set aside 10 minutes to yourself. Throw in the headphones and follow the instructions.

That’s a decent way to start.

The benefit of this is to basically calm the mind for the day ahead. Leads to better decision making and priority ranking.

The paid versions have more refined guided material for troubled souls should you wish to have a listen.

But Juh is right… A lot of shit passes through our brains. Treat them like clouds in the sky, don’t deny they are there just let them float by.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1131017, member: 686”]Download headspace or calm from the playstore.

Upon waking set aside 10 minutes to yourself. Throw in the headphones and follow the instructions.

That’s a decent way to start.

The benefit of this is to basically calm the mind for the day ahead. Leads to better decision making and priority ranking.

The paid versions have more refined guided material for troubled souls should you wish to have a listen.

But Juh is right… A lot of shit passes through our brains. Treat them like clouds in the sky, don’t deny they are there just let them float by.[/QUOTE]

It’s not really thoughts, pal… it’s the opposite to logic that I want to deal with.

Things could always be worse.

Get on with it ffs sake and try not to be a cunt.

Little steps lads, and the world might be a better place.

[QUOTE=“Piles Hussain, post: 1131084, member: 363”]Things could always be worse.

Get on with it ffs sake and try not to be a cunt.

Little steps lads, and the world might be a better place.[/QUOTE]
I’m not feeling sorry for myself, that wasn’t the reason behind the thread. I’m just curious about how/if guys made any changes in their life and how they went about it.

Fair enough lad. I wasn’t aiming that post at anyone or anything.

Great book, highly recommend it. It’s changed my way of dealing with people as it helps you identify what part of the brain people are using when you talk to them. Obviously it helps you identify your own thoughts and reactions to situations.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1130964, member: 273”]The only thing that anyone has to do really is get comfortable with who they are. I now believe that’s the most important thing in life.
Everything is easier after that.[/QUOTE]

That’s a good point. Travelling and being on a plane tends to bring out intense anxiety in me. Yesterday was tough. The main reason was that I had done much walking and sightseeing, floored much beer and Jäger in the previous few days so I was absolutely bolloxed. The negative thoughts flooded me but I was very fatigued to watch them go by (it actually takes effort to do this as it doesn’t cone naturally). Eventually I found myself returning to the wonderful Branches by Midlake which contains the line ‘It’s hard for me but I’m trying’’. That is my mantra. I get anxious in travelling situations but I’m not letting it stop me from travelling. It’s fucking difficult but all I can do is try my best and not let it get the better of me completely. Others have other anxieties but travel is ‘hard for me’.

The result is walking out into Dublin airport last night with an immense sense of satisfaction, even allowing myself a fist pump. Another travel accomplished to a wonderful historical city delighted to have witnessed in person. No doubt the next time will bring anxiety again but sure they are only thoughts.

And I’m telling you it’s accepting yourself and who you are. You can’t be mindful of others unless you are mindful of yourself. We all have flaws, work on them as you go. But do things you enjoy, be as good as you can at your work and everything else falls into place.
The result of this may be drifting from people you thought were friends and such, but that’s the nature of it.
I’m over worked and still not getting a lot of reward for it, but I’m actually very happy.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1131149, member: 24”]That’s a good point. Travelling and being on a plane tends to bring out intense anxiety in me. Yesterday was tough. The main reason was that I had done much walking and sightseeing, floored much beer and Jäger in the previous few days so I was absolutely bolloxed. The negative thoughts flooded me but I was very fatigued to watch them go by (it actually takes effort to do this as it doesn’t cone naturally). Eventually I found myself returning to the wonderful Branches by Midlake which contains the line ‘It’s hard for me but I’m trying’’. That is my mantra. I get anxious in travelling situations but I’m not letting it stop me from travelling. It’s fucking difficult but all I can do is try my best and not let it get the better of me completely. Others have other anxieties but travel is ‘hard for me’.
[/QUOTE]thats the drink for you, it poisons the soul and spirit when abused

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1130964, member: 273”]The only thing that anyone has to do really is get comfortable with who they are. I now believe that’s the most important thing in life.
Everything is easier after that.[/QUOTE]
the unexamined life is not worth living

its a book you need to keep returning to as there is so much in it and also its too easy for a person to default back to thinking certain ways…