Missing People In Ireland

It’s the tipp Jersey.

2 Likes

First thing he asked when found was “has Shane Long still not scored?”

1 Like

Reminded me of my favourite gag, the first thing Nelson Mandela said when he got out of jail? Is the sale still on in Peter France.*
Did that gag work in other places as well?

Peter France was a men’s clothes shop on North Main Street in Cork that had the windows emblazoned with closing down sale posters for years.

1 Like

21 Likes

It worked in Waterford. There was a Peter France in Waterford. The other good iteration of it was “is Oliver Honeyman still playing for Leitrim”

1 Like

Or when in France (the country) you ask “how is Johnny Halliday getting on”?

Conor McGregor.

“…did Tipp come out of Munster “ was the popular variation I remember…

1 Like

Not the right thread for this, but close enough.

Not sure what’s to be gained by dragging this up now

Maybe finding the perpetrator of the murder of a new born baby

6 Likes

I knew of the case but didn’t know the full details. Paschal Sheehy gave a run down of it there. Fuckin hell.

Seems as good a reason as any. It’s a solvable case, because the DNA will, obviously, match the mother which will give you some suspects fairly promptly. Now how they’ll match it to her I don’t know.

1 Like

The locals proably know who it is.The perpetrator might even come forward now.

Or the perpetrator might be dead and the mother could come forward

A bizarre case, make you wonder how many dead babies are buried around the place.

1 Like

See I knew ye cunts knew who it was.

What happened the girl in Abbeydorney for a finish? Did she stand trial or what?

Caherciveen has the only Church in Ireland named after a lay person. Godless people.

The cops went mental trying to pin everything on her and she ended up walking. There was a tribunal and all after it, they made such a fuck of it.
When the baby was found, people from Abbeydorney went to the cops and said eh, this one was pregnant a few weeks ago and no baby arrived.
Cops called her in, she and her family confessed to killing the baby, they later said under coercion.
Eventually turned out that a baby had died, but not the one they had found on the beach. The one they were talking about was buried on the farm, they claim it died naturally shortly after birth, corners report was unclear. Baby was hers & a local married man and they had no doctors or anything involved, so I suppose that’s open to interpretation. The blood type of the baby on the farm matched Hayes, the other baby didn’t.
The Guards were so convinced they had the right person that they decided that Hayes had become simultaneously pregnant with babies from two different fathers which (while apparently possible) is about as unlikely as it sounds, and for some reason had buried one of the farm and left the other on the beach. They charged her with murder but the case was thrown out.
In a further twist the grave of the Caherciveen baby has been vandalised several times over the years.
The DNA results should clear her of that murder anyway if nothing else