Missing People In Ireland

Plenty of those in Ireland over the years mate. Quite a few up North.

3 Likes

It’s a tactic alright but afaik genuine this time

Drugs or blackmail or something to do with a planned bank job - all feasible
But equally so they involve several ppl for each enterprise,
Especially a bank job-
So fair chance that several ( up to 5/6) ppl know or knew what actually happened
And still them or their families remain quiet- heartless scum

The Gardaí were able to enhance a grainy video and identify a lad from 20 years ago and trace him? Sure they were.

3 Likes

of course, sure the look at the old films on a high spec TV these days, the Godfather 1 looks like it was made yesterday it is so clear

1 Like

The Gardai weren’t but the Detective Spud Murphy farmed it out to the mainland for expert help

1 Like

Wasn’t AGS that enhanced it
But I get your point,
It was the only tangible evidence they reported they had

This recent news about Trevor Deely seems a bit odd to me, so this guy just happens to realise after all this time that he’s the person on the CCTV?

Trevor Deely disappearance: Garda investigation identifies man caught on CCTV

1 Like

Walking around, idly getting on with life whilst half the internet thinks you’re a murderer

2 Likes

:blush::ok_hand:

the investigation was a fuck up from the start. the cops wouldnt have any CCTV save that the family went around the area asking businesses if they had footage from the night in question. the cops didnt secure his [phonerecords either IIRC.

the family has done a lot more to keep this case alive than the cops

2 Likes

It really is awful.

The parents of Deirdre Jacob. :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I find it hard to believe they could enhance 20 year old footage to a level that they could identify someone.

Whilst it would still be strange if the person had come forward (why wait so long) it would make more sense.

Perhaps they did come forward and it’s just been lost in translation.

2 Likes

I don’t believe it either. Resolution is resolution.
I wonder did the poor lad fall in the river, or was he done away with.
It’s a horrible yet compelling story, in compelling in part because the lad at the gate is like some sort of evil presence out of a film. It gives you the creeps.

1 Like

I’m inclined to believe he fell into the river. It was an awful night weather-wise. Easy fall.

2 Likes

It seems the least improbable thing

4 Likes

Imagine it
Beyond hard

Could have

He seemed a harmless sort, a bit like (insert TFK posters name here), not the type of fella anyone would want to kill

1 Like

From the bank CCTV footage you could tell he had a few drinks onboard

1 Like