Missing People Outside of Ireland

Iā€™ve never even been there, was just interested to see how big an island it was and was surprised that it was so small

Itā€™s 2000 km2 :man_shrugging:

If youā€™re walking there, itā€™s vast. It like the surface of the moon. Cratered black lava rock and massive areas of barren rock. Itā€™s absolutely beautiful. Thereā€™s some fantastic walking up there, I couldnā€™t recommend it highly enough.
Tenerife is absolutely brilliant for a holiday, but Iā€™d absolutely recommend hiring a car and using it to go places to visit and hike etc. We had such a brilliant holiday there.
They even brought my lass proper scuba diving in the sea and she was only 10 or 11.
It was so brilliant.
Just stay away from the obvious areas albeit whilst Los Christianos is a bit of a dump (replete with a rangers bar), we did a canoe and snorkel trip from there which was so brilliant it was one of my favourite ever days.

As a lad that survived Siam Waterpark with only a broken toe, I can tell you Tenerife is absolutely treacherous. Myself and the locals still think thereā€™s a bit of fraud involved in this (he was spotted pinting in the 19th hole in Adeje allegedly last Tuesday evening) but fingers crossed the youngster is alive. Be a horrible way to go.

4 Likes

Ya? Iā€™m not so sure. The fella who saw him at the bus stop said he was in a bad way. Heat prob got him.

Itā€™s a strange one. I went into a few of the more English bars and in the rare instance theyā€™d have a Slater flyer out Iā€™d be told that the local police asked them to keep the flyer up even though the word doing the rounds was that the youngsterā€™s family were scam artists. So theyā€™d been told around the 21st that something was off.

At the same time I never saw as little effort for a missing person rescue in my life. Thereā€™s a serious animosity towards young British holiday heads and it could also be a ā€œwell he was bad article so fuck itā€.

1 Like

I reckon heā€™ll be picked up in a Peruvian airport with a large luggage bag

1 Like

Heā€™s hardly picked an ideal way to stay under the radar.

Iā€™ve changed my mind. Iā€™d say he got a boat to Lanzers and is lying low there. The mother is slipping him cash from ā€˜the go fund meā€™.

Theyā€™ll find him by following the money.

1 Like

With the young lad being English, this could go any way really.

Iā€™m sure the police havenā€™t thought of that at all

Football isnā€™t coming home but Jay Slater is.

Human remains found where he went missing according to Sky News, so much for all the speculation that he wasnā€™t missing at all.

Oh thats what theyā€™d like you to believe.

was the rolex with them?

Stuck to a cactus is what I heard

And so, as always, the likely explanation has turned out to be true

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1812896192231010407?s=46

Watch the replies here.

1 Like

Twitter can be caustic

1 Like