Mlb 2017

Just discovered I forgot to cancel the auto renew when i bought the last two months of mlb.tv last year for a song. Mugged off completely. As i now have full access and the timezone to use it, TFK is all in for 2016

Nice game here between the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Looks like Arizona will win it.

Real mixed start to the season for almost everyone bar the orioles. TFK has its first at bat of the 2016 majors tonight at safeco field as the spluttering mariners face a rejuvenated looking rangers outfit with Derek Holland on the mound. Absolutely bucketing down here in the emerald city, but they had the foresight to build a retractable roof which will be well used tonight. In between scoring the game i hope to update the thread, wifi permitting.

A repeat of the 1906 World Series - Chicago Cub v Chicago White Sox could be on the cards.

Fairly shit effort from the Ms on Tuesday night. They have as good a mid order as anyone with cano cruz and seagar, but nothing outside that and even they are flaky. Once smyly fell behind they practically gave up offensively. Trevor story of the Rockies is having a phenomenal start, Atlanta have fallen to pieces, the Mets and Nats are streets ahead in the NL east but still a terrible fall from grace for a big club.

Jake Arrieta throws the first no hitter of the season for the surging cubs against the reds. Seem to have all the pieces in place to end the drought

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRDq-egYF0

This lad is near 43.

Baseball :laughing:

season steamrolls on, the cubs are flying high on the back of maddons instilled work ethic and good hitting from dexter fowler and seem to have the nats as the only possible challengers who are on the back of a strong start from bryce harper and irelands own daniel murphy. the mets pitching and yeonis cespedes are keeping them in there for the moment. In the AL the last place yankees have struggled on both pitching and at the plate but have taken the first two of this weekends series against boston, who are now tied with the O’s at the top, the highly rated but under performing blue jays are sitting on .500, where theyve been all season. The white sox seem to have no real challengers in the central unless the royals pick up form while in the west the much maligned (by me) mariners have taken the last 16/22 on the back of stellar displays with glove and bat from robinson cano, even with king felix losing velocity this year. TFK is making its second trip to the majors this tuesday as the rays visit safeco.

the hardest thing to do in pro sports is hit a major league pitch pal, after 19 years hacking away, he finally got lucky

Hard to believe Bartolo is still playing, looks like a third base coach, I saw him pitch with the Angels they year he won the cy young.

what an athlete. I cant believe he actually got a hit never mind a homer. not exactly poetry in motion

http://youtu.be/b9Q6hjLWchI

After the infamous bat flip by Jose Bautista in the deciding game between the teams in last years playoffs, which the Rangers complained about after, the jays and rangers met for the final time this regular season yesterday. In his final at bat the Rangers hit him with a fastball which put him on first, he then slid aggressively into second, and got owned by 2nd baseman Rougned Odor. Fairly handbaggy bench clearing afterwards.

Odor clearly tried to clock him with the throw to second too, dramatic drop in the throwing motion at the release.

Have you a clip of it? I didn’t watch the game just saw this on the news

Bautista did well to stay on his feet after taking that blow.

He didn’t know where he was, as they said in the clip he was lucky Adrian Beltre came in to hold him back, he was really holding him up. Some punch.

Terribly sad news coming out of South Florida this morning. Jose Fernandez of the Miami Marlins has been killed in a boating accident, aged 24. One of the best young pitching aces in baseball, had an immensely bright future ahead of him.

Very sad news about Jose Fernandez.

The Chicago Cubs have moved past the 100 win regular season landmark. That doesn’t auger well for ending the 108 year wait though. I was reading earlier the Cubs are the 28th side since the 1986 World Series winning New York Mets to win 100 games in the regular series (albeit with a number of instances of multiple teams achieving it in the same season, this year marks the 17th season its happened since 1986) . Only two of those 27 sides have gone on to win the World Series after winning 100+ games in the regular season - Yankees in 1998 and 2009.

Play off up and running in earnest now.

Hard fought 1-0 win for the Cubs at Wrigley Field over the Giants last night in Game 1. Dodgers won the first game against the Capitals.

In the American League, Indians are 2-0 up on Red Sox and Blue Jays lead Rangers 2-0.