Mlb 2017

So long Papi :cry:

1 Like

Papi is guest editor of the most recent Sports Illustrated magazine,

Delighted for the Cubs, itā€™ll be as big as the Red Sox in 04 if they do it.

Go Cubs

@anon7035031, what chance do you give the Nats in game 5? Max Scherzer will be on the mound, how do the Dodgers do against righties?

The highest ranked remaining sides from the American and National leagues have the longest World Series winning droughts. Cubs havenā€™t won it in 108 years since 1908 and Indians havenā€™t won it in 68 years since 1948. Nats have never even appeared in a World Series since their admission in 1969. Dodgers last win was in 1988 and Blue Jays in 1993.

Orel Hershiser was the pitcher the last time the Brooklyn Dodgers won it.

1 Like

Regrettably, the Dodgers were in LA by 1988. 1955 was the last time it was won in Brooklyn.

The match winning home run from a crocked Kirk Gibson at the bottom of the 9th in Game 1 of that 1988 World Series is in my book the greatest World Series moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U157X0jy5iw

1 Like

I have a soft spot for the Indians because of one of my favourite movies Major League.

Hershiser was unbelievable in that series but Valenzuela was a great pitcher for them as well, and a proper fat bastard.
That was my first summer following baseball properly as I spent it with cousins in NY, I thought the Mets were certainties to go all the way.

What a year and hat-trick it could be for the city of Cleveland. An NBA title, a World Series and hosting the conventionā€™/coronation of the 45th President.

1 Like

sorry mate, just saw this.
I havenā€™t a clue, donā€™t really follow baseball.

Indians advance to the classic on the back of some questionable umpiring. Game 4 of the dodgers cubs coming up, cubs bats have gone cold at exactly the wrong time, shut out the last two games. Steve bartman is secretly smiling.

Lackey is not reliable for the Cubs tonight. Ominously for the Cubs, they seemed to have all the momentum going in against Mets last year and were blown away. Looks like Cubs will be facing Kershaw in Game 5 as well. Heā€™s upped his post season performance this year significantly.

The Chicago Cubs are one win away from their first World Series appearance in 71 years

Kershaw is shite

Commanding 3-0 lead for the Cubs after three innings. Kershaw having a mare.

4-0.

Sorely tempted to go to bed now. Surely even the Cubs canā€™t f*ck it up from here.

5-0 Cubs in the bottom of the 5th.

Go to bed mate, itā€™s over.