More GAA Shame

There was no dole back then,they had no option other than to riot

But DJ wanted to have his cake and eat it.

Let them eat cake says AIB.

DJ was bold as brass here. Brave in fact. And AIB love backing Brave, as they say themselves.

6 Likes

Tbf not much point in having a cake and not eating it

The AIB All-Ireland Club Championship #TheToughest

Meeting AIB top brass to thrash out a 9 and half million euro debt write down #TheEasiest

1 Like

They’ll be doing some laughing at Paddy over on the mainland if they get wind of this cc @Tassotti

Doubtful. Sure they’ve pissed away enough money on dodgy ppe companies and paying off royal paedo victims to build a hospital.

6 Likes

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/gaa-star-centre-alleged-cancer-29259624

There’s former sports players on the mainland on their 3rd or 4th bankruptcy

The system allows it now here too. Can’t get blood from a stone etc.

Not many who’ve claimed they had cancer and taken millions off friends and family to fund the lifestyle of an oligarch.
Politicians on the other hand.

That’s true and it’s appalling.

I was referring more to the loan write offs that are happening. The system was changed a few years ago to allow this very thing.

I know, and in its own way, it’s appalling. As I said before, the trouble with AIB is they weren’t playing with their own money, so they didn’t give a fuck.

1 Like

As a Senior Counsel once said there’s a difference between a rich bankrupt and a poor bankrupt.

1 Like

The whole AIB thing stemmed from the Celtic tiger hangover of an utter disregard for money having to be earned.

4 Likes

I was talking to a friend and he said he defo ain’t betting unless it’s in somebody else’s name or something

How much did he owe him?

1 Like

this dude here is a club mate of @binkybarnes , odd the Gahliban havent mentioned him

Best man at me wedding so he was. Godfather to all 11 of my kids.

11 Likes

The Revenue went after him I believe. First time for everything with the GGA.

@gilgamboa as I suspected RTE had this wrong.

The actual amount he got forgiveness on was €6.4m. This was after the properties the loans were secured on were sold.

2 Likes