More GAA Shame

They wouldn’t be what i thought would be prime targets for scrotes with hammers anyway but who knows. Big, strong physical specimens.

The interview is absolute harmless and interviewing GAA players pre-game outside Croke Park is commonplace. The DOD one when he was visibly drunk and actually in the middle of drinking was far dodgier.

Did you often get a clatter of a hammer when you were just minding your own business?

1 Like

I remember walking through a mini riot around those flats at the parnell Square end of dorest st after a match a few years back. Was scrotes from the flats attacking each other. Firing bricks, bottles etc

Absolutely. Thought they came across well in it. I’d say you’d get a far better GAA interview if they were after a few scoops all the time

Well… She has a nice rapport with Tommy Walsh, in fairness. I find AO’R a lot more palatable than Joanne Cantwell.

1 Like

Joanne asked a few ridiculous questions last night and Mick Fitzsimons politely put her back in her box. I found her refreshing initially post Lyster, but now I find she wants to be argumentative or controversial for the sake of it.

6 Likes

He did, fair play to him. JC gives me ire. All the passive aggressive craic.

She would be perfectly cast as David Brent’s girlfriend in an Irish remake of The Office.

7 Likes

But did you not find the DO’D interview very entertaining and enjoyable? Must admit I did…

1 Like

Jacqui is very good. And sound as a pound (at least she was when I knew her)

4 Likes

You can actually see lads going: ‘She’s actually a fine thing…’ Which is only natural.

Comes across that way too. Does not have that barely submerged sneeriness possessed by JC.

I think she talks in her own tone of voice as well and is v natural which puts people at ease

2 Likes

Her husband is a legend too !!

Yes, good point. JH has a lovely voice, which is always an underrated aspect of a woman’s appeal.

Have you read any of his posts? He’s not going to find anything related to Limerick hurling entertaining or enjoyable.

Ah now… I will leave that stuff to ye.

I thought DO’D came across terrible well. As did all the Limerick guys, one way or another, in fairness. It is good, occasionally, to see the emotion and the divilment that drives them.

1 Like

It was grand.

I’m merely pointing out that far less could go wrong with the interview with RO’N yesterday than when DOD was pissed on Blue WKD.

He’s a good lad. Gave a couple of good interviews after the final last year. No bland soundbites.

5 Likes

True, a perfectly fair point.

But I still loved the DO’D interaction with Shane ‘The Bull’ O’Brien. I think any of us from a rural background particularly enjoy that stuff. And DO’D, Blue WKD or no Blue WKD, also had a serious point to make, a message that might have got lost on some people but not on me (and not, I imagine, on you).

8 Likes

Agreed, showed a bit of character as opposed to usual I suppose, you know sound bites

5 Likes