More GGA shame part 15234322435676544

It is though in the modern world. Thats why you need child protection officers. Remove as much of this hassle from other volunteers as possible.

Huge part of the problem is not having enough numbers volunteering and as been discussed here before people just dropping kids off as babysitting service. I cant believe how many parents didnt come to see their kids playing even once with team I was involved with.

I got a very good steer from another club recently. When kids register at start of season all parents get two one hour ‘vouchers’. These vouchers are hours the parent must volunteer back to the club over the course of the season. So if you need someone to make sandwiches or line the pitch or just be there as an extra pair of hands you ask the parents directly. This allows parent get involved without major commitment. Most happy to get involved but dont want/cant tie themselves down 8 or 10 hours a week. Most if not all will help if asked. This bridges the gap between asking and volunteering

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:
It has a double effect alright.

1 Like

That’s different to coaching though. As you now know that’s a whole different ball game.

Nobody should be under any fucking pressure on a regular basis at any sporting club.

There is far too much regulation now.

It’s impossible to police anyway and is not being policed, clearly.

At the end of the day it all still cones down to 2 things.
Good leadership.
Good people involved.

One follows the other

Coaching is the easiest part of the entire equation

In my experience you can correlate by age 16/17 which players will be playing… the parents show up.

4 Likes

Anyone who has an issue here with Kimmage needs to take a good look in the mirror.

That article is awful reading, the carryon within Athenry GAA Club was nothing short of scandalous.
The interactions was those kids was bad enough, but the failed cover up, bullying, blatant disregard for proper protocol, and piss poor leadership from the Top was a disgrace.

If I was a parent in the area I’d be getting my kid playing elsewhere.

1 Like

That really depends.

Time wise coaching is the biggest time soaker

its bitter bastards for you…the sad truth is that you have people in positions in gaa clubs that they would never be fit for in any other walk of life…but since it’s volunteers and GAA clubs are so big now ,mix in ignorant muldoon, helicopter parents , a sprinkle of snowflake amd you have the prefect time bomb . .regards that article I’d be interested to hear more about the allegation the kids wanted to go up to a team that was more successful. .

It is. But if you can deal with people its 90% of the battle.

The admin, the regulations, the injury reports, the organising refs, organising fixtures, collecting the jerseys, organising transport etc etc…all killed every bit of enjoyment I would take from the coaching.

1 Like

That’s management not coaching. That’s about getting right lad with you.

But organising refs is ridiculous.
Surely that’s the leagues responsibility?

1 Like

Clubs will only have to organize refs for challenge matches as you should know.

Ye cunts, I’m gonna have to read this shit now :rage:

If you are any way emotionally charged I’d advise you don’t.

Or you could be proactive and offer to volunteer and help resolve the issues… instead of snowflaking from the ditches.

12 Likes

Ya but how many a tear? 3?

Still not a huge load.

I think @gilgamboa is on about league games in rugby

There is no defending the carryon, pal.

I’ve been involved with plenty of teams as you know, but when you fuck up you sort it out quickly & quietly.

This mess to be left escalate as it did proves an extremely high level of arrogance from officials. It shows a lack of respect for the most important part of the Club, the players & their parents.

They engaged in a vile smear campaign. They railed against a volunteer who was asked to mediate & help resolve the situation.
They told blatant lies at every opportunity.

I’ve seen & heard of dullards running clubs, but this is a New Low.

1 Like

I’d be weary of any cunt that volunteers with a team and his kids aren’t in that team

3 Likes

Paul Kimmage wrote misleading nonsense about drug testing and rugby and was celebrated as a hero.

He is now enemy number 1 for TFK for exposing the GGA’s hardcore Republican association and the bullying of children. Interesting.

1 Like

Disagree with him about the drugs,like him re gga and bogball

Actually, in most instances this causes most of the hassle.

In my local club they are lucky that most of the Underage teams up to U12 tend to have a male/female split in the coaching teams.

Cuts out the tools you tend to hear roaring obscenities at refs or worse still players.