More GGA shame part 15234322435676544

Nail on head.

So we can agree with PK exposing this is a good thing

The club is in the wrong here big time, they seem to have fostered a lynching mentality against the complainants, disgraceful stuff.
The fella who used bad language is a victim of the story but Cloonan acted the cunt with two small children and deserves what he gets. They should have held their hands up.

The edgy TFK crowd and the sheep reaction is to be expected.

1 Like

I would suggest this is really really common

And gets vicious

I had it happen. Called out a few hurling lads on pulling strokes and the stuff that came back was absolutely outrageous. Legal advice situation.

And I hear of similar regularly

His diatribes about drugs and rugby were poorly sourced and had missleading evidence.

These are more clear cut.

1 Like

Agreed and heads should roll. Running to another club is not a solution to the problem though.

My hero…

The comments about various titles across the board. The private text messages, the complete disregard for the ruling authorities.

Forgive me if I’d give that setup a miss for another neighboring club, pal.

I must send you a PM on a personal experience. Sickening shit.

1 Like

It’s worse if you’re coaching a team that your own kids are playing in. The other parents are sniping behind your back and whispering that he playing his own fella again. It’s best not to be involved in with a team your own are playing with. If organized properly training for all grades & ages will be on the one night so the coach is at the complex training whatever team he’s with and his kids are also training at the same complex.
I’d refuse to train my own.

1 Like

Just had a gander at the Athenry Gaa website. The report of the Juvenile AGM makes good reading.

I especially liked the few lads who apologized for missing the AGM :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::thinking:

“ Juvenile AGM, November 2017 Summary “ “ Apologies: Jarlath Cloonan, Paddy Kelly, Richie Brady. “

Yes.

Responsibility of hosting side to ensure ref for game. Branch organises for 60% of games Id say but because all games are on same time sat or sun morn can be a shortage so you need to organise an affiliate ref from own or other club.

You also need to complete online team sheets night before, exchange with opposition and ref, present ref with all registration cards etc. You need 3 people per match. Minimum

Ah ya, that’s standard enough re lists etc. Should be a person on any management team that is good at that admin side. Good its traceable online too . GAA should do that.

Cop out from organisers on refs though

Have to agree. After 10/11 with girls and 12/13 with boys parents should not be near a team.

Younger than that I think parents probably have to be involved.

Just read the article there :sweat_smile:.

Coach is obviously a lunatic roaring his head off at young fellas. We all had em, not that it makes it ok.
Surely though the legitimate way to deal with it is for one of the concerned parents to offer to coach the u-12s and if nessecary round up support to defeat him in a vote, rather than writing a letter slating a man who by the sounds of it has been coaching for decades. They made it personal then straight away. Of course the snowflakes probably wouldn’t give up their time to do it. Hurlers on ditch as they say.

After making it personal said lunatic obviously reacted poorly, threatening kids on their own in a dressing room is all kinds of wrong. At this point the man should have been forced to step away from coaching underage by the board.

Club handled it very poorly,but they are volunteers and not exactly trained mediators. You can imagine the scene club stalwart given his life to the club vs some ape of a parent who collects signatures for a letter about swearing. Easy to see where the loyalties of the club would fall.

How this qualifies as national news is anyone’s guess. Naming the coaches and making unproven/unprovable allegations against them is libelous if nothing else.

Club banned from underage competitions will no doubt mean the kids involved will be very popular members of the parish for years to come. The family will probably end up having to leave athenry all over a coach cursing. Mad stuff.

19 Likes

It is a bit but just not enough refs to go around. Affiliate ref structure works v well. Generally both teams prefer it and Iv never seen one of them get any grief they generally ref the games to make it enjoyable rather than strict adherence to rules

Ya the club being banned is mad. Forgot to mention that.

Way over the top snd it’s only the kids that suffer

Different man

1 Like

Not really, the potty mouth coach isn’t the problem, Shane he had to be mentioned by name

1 Like

Auld lads clique

1 Like

That’s a rugby thing though gil. The reffing is streets ahead and their coaching education is outstanding in general for refs and coaches alike.

The 5 levels is based nicely on research.

The GAA has people who work with adults doing same as kids.