More GGA shame part 15234322435676544

He was a great fellow when he was going after the rugby. Now that he is onto your beloved GAA suddenly he’s an irrelevance

1 Like

let me guess , the likes of @Gman @binkybarnes & @balbec will attack Kimmage rather than review anything in the article itself

1 Like

agreed

I’m just a dumb bogger TSG, you might explain what exactly it is that he wants here. 80% of the article is about a former intercounty manager who received a suspension for punching a player. I actually think the suspension he received was too lenient, but I’m not sure what Kimmages point was for the whole piece.

It’s really hard to figure out what he is getting at there, the piece makes no sense. If he has run out of material after 2 weeks the GAA must be the finest organisation on the planet.

Some lad threw a few digs. National news.

He should be giving Gilroy the money for that article as he’s basically reproduced his interview word for word

Gilroy is different :roll_eyes:

Easy have a pop at an Offaly manager.

Same fella got suspended for 8 weeks and has been dismissed from another management role since, but he seems to finish the article by saying there are no repercussions for breaking rules I the GAA, tis all very bizarre.

GGA types hiding behind the amateur shit because they’ve been called out. Nothing changes.

1 Like

What’s Kimmage’s point? punishment has been meted out. It’s like some posters
on here have an agenda against the GAA.

A mans reputation is hard earned, and easily destroyed.

Assuming that’s the same guy from the Kimmage articles? He should go after him too.

This was weird at the time. Is my memory correct in that the complaints weren’t to do with sinister stuff? It was more like “my little Johnny should be taking the frees”. Sindo ran a 2-page spread and made it out to be something significant.

Didn’t the stupid cunt talk to the players in question on his own in the dressing room to tell them that they wouldn’t wear the club jersey again as they wouldn’t play for the U14 coach?

The allegation of harm was wrong but he still acted completely inappropriately in the way that his dealt with the children in question.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/paul-kimmage-low-lie-the-fields-of-athenry-the-gaa-story-every-parent-will-want-to-read-36879150.html

the original article.

1 Like

That was about the gist of it alright.

Stupid behaviour but the parents let it escalate way out of hand.

I know if it happened to Croppy Junior in a few years I’d tell him he has to just put up with the gobshite over the teams for a couple of years - most of us had to put up with someone like that.

If the situation with the club official happened I’d be taking him aside and telling him, in no uncertain terms, how he was out of line and he’s lucky he’s not being reported. Recurrence and I’d be going to the committee, not straight to Croke Park and the national press.

3 Likes

Would agree with all of that. Parents are certainly over-precious nowadays and the Timmy Ryan characters on the sideline are a dying breed.

I came across plenty of them when I was a young player and usually ignored them, as did most of my teammates. Ironically, it was the selector with the encouraging word that always got the best out of us.

3 Likes

Parents can be very very irrational at times .