More Rugby Shame

:rofl:

1 Like

The 1989 Lions tour to Oz ended in victory . Campo made an awful boo boo that cost his team

I never had much time for Mullin or his missus for that matter. I was at the 1991 Ireland v England, Five Nations match in Lansdowne Road with my father. Ireland after a Simon Geoghegan try early in the 2nd half were clinging on to a 7-6 lead with about 5 minutes to go for what would have been a huge upset win against Grand Slam chasing England.

Mullin missed a really bad tackle in the lead up to a soft Rory Underwood match winning try in the corner. My father uttered some words along the lines of ‘for fuck sake Mullin’. A very glamorous lady sitting directly in front of us turned around and told my father that was her husband Brendan, he was talking about. My father responded, I presume you’ll be having words with him when you get home about that schoolboy error of a missed tackle.

21 Likes

The investment “funds” were intended to invest solely in derivatives, including contracts for difference

Christ people really lost the run of themselves :joy:

What I will say, is that as well as a lot of people who were put into shit they didn’t understand, there was a fair cohort of people who knew exactly what they were getting into and turned around and played the daw afterwards

8 Likes

Your father sounds a gentleman

He could be described as Irish Rugby royalty. Blackrock College, Trinity, over fifty caps for Ireland, toured with the Lions. Skillful, dashing and handsome - even before he walked on the pitch !! Steve Silvermint, they nicknamed him and now ,it appears, he has become the archetypal white collar criminal.

I’d have said something like “You should tell him you’re crossing your legs until he learns how to tackle.” I’d have caused a scene.

1 Like

Sorry mate, I thought you were referring back to his athletics career ringing a bell

TNH

3 Likes

He learned his craft in Davy’s

Brendan “GSTQ” Mullins

4 Likes

Grew up in Raheny though - ordinary enough house; think father was a diplomat or somesuch and he was born in Jerusalem.

The cunt will be on the late late in a few months thanking every for helping him with his problem

1 Like

Sounds like a misunderstanding

2 Likes

A bad few weeks for Blackrock College with Franno getting shotcanned by the Indo

Money. And keeping up with the Joneses.

Drives people mad.

4 Likes

Sounds sore.

1 Like

Very surprising given the world class auditing here

Did he play GAA ???