More shame for the travelling community

Over 4000 (over 16s) claim dole- another 2000 work for a living - about 6000 lay outside the labour force making it roughly 50/50.

Any traveller that is not ligitimately employed is on benefits. 99 per cent of travellers are now settled, they will tend to travel for a few weeks during the summer. Most are now housed in council houses and those still livong in caravans on sites use the site as their address as they live on the site on a near permanent basis. Due to inadequacies in the social welfare system many manage to claim payments in a number of different counties under different names and this would have been the case for years with travellers. There are a lot of travellers who are not well off and are on the bread line. There are also extremely wealthy travellers who have legitimate businesses pay taxes and are well off. I take it that your view on travellers is completely media driven and you actually have no interactions with or know any?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 928506, member: 24”]The cadillac stood by the house
And the yanks they were within
And the tinker boys they hissed advice
‘hot-wire her with a pin’[/QUOTE]

I prefer…

The old ways are changing you cannot deny
The age of the traveller is over…
There’s no where to go and there’s no where to bide
So farewell to the life of the rover

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 928510, member: 1796”]I prefer…

The old ways are changing you cannot deny
The age of the traveller is over…
There’s no where to go and there’s no where to bide
So farewell to the life of the rover[/QUOTE]

That’s excellent bro.

Who is that by?

Ha!

@myboyblue liked that.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 928513, member: 24”]Ha!

@myboyblue liked that.[/QUOTE]
Dont rise to it mate, its almost like it was done for a reason isnt it?

Ah lovely :smiley:

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 928512, member: 24”]That’s excellent bro.

Who is that by?[/QUOTE]

Luke Kelly - forty foot trailer

@Horsebox[/USER], this is a clamping. Not the shite [USER=112]@Gman posted earlier.

Dealing with the points i’ve highlighted in order:

1. That’s bullshit. Where are you getting this 99% are settled figure?
  2. Most are housed in council houses you say. Ok, at whose expense? People who pay taxes that’s who. Anyone know how many “travellers” settled in houses there are?
  3. How can you give a location of a caravan on the side of the road as your address. That doesn’t wash as a permanent address, mate. When the letter comes they will be gone.
  4. “Many manage to claim payments in a number of different counties under different names.” The activity you are suggesting “many” are engaging in there is highly illegal and should be investigated at once. You have a duty to society to pass on any names you have of these people to the Gardai so that they may be brought to heel.
  5. I have dealt with or been impacted upon by travellers in the past and the experiences i’m afraid were very negative.

If you know any travellers with a hacksaw they might be able to get that clamp off for tess.

Fuxake, it was written by an Englishman.

So fucking what? Luke does a great version of it and if my mate, Farmer, was running to youtube I wanted him to google Luke’s version.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 928547, member: 2269”]Dealing with the points i’ve highlighted in order:

1. That’s bullshit. Where are you getting this 99% are settled figure?
  2. Most are housed in council houses you say. Ok, at whose expense? People who pay taxes that’s who. Anyone know how many “travellers” settled in houses there are?
  3. How can you give a location of a caravan on the side of the road as your address. That doesn’t wash as a permanent address, mate. When the letter comes they will be gone.
  4. “Many manage to claim payments in a number of different counties under different names.” The activity you are suggesting “many” are engaging in there is highly illegal and should be investigated at once. You have a duty to society to pass on any names you have of these people to the Gardai so that they may be brought to heel.
  5. I have dealt with or been impacted upon by travellers in the past and the experiences i’m afraid were very negative.[/QUOTE]

1.The 99 per cent was a figure i made up, perhaps i should have said a great majority.

1. So do a lot of settled people.

2. How many travellers do you know of that live on the side of the road? Nearly none of them do this and if there are they are in a tiny minority.

3. Easier said than done pal.

[QUOTE=“giloppy, post: 928556, member: 2390”]1.The 99 per cent was a figure i made up, perhaps i should have said a great majority.

1. So do a lot of settled people.

2. How many travellers do you know of that live on the side of the road? Nearly none of them do this and if there are they are in a tiny minority.

3. Easier said than done pal.[/QUOTE]

Look at you back tracking. I’ve just punched holes in all your earlier points. :rolleyes:

@Tess Tickle is tearing all ye camp fire smelling cunts new holes here.

Allegedly

They are filthy and destroy wherever they are allowed to settle , the minority are decent , but a minority it is I’m afraid , it’s a huge problem

Don’t mind the Irish abroad, what’s your opinion on travellers?

What ?

So, getting back on track, they made shite of him the cunts

IRISH PROFESSIONAL BOXER John Joe Nevin has been told by doctors at the Midlands Regional Hospital that both his legs are broken.

The Olympic silver medallist was attacked in Mullingar on Saturday.

It was first confirmed that his right leg was fractured in two places but today scans have shown his left leg is also broken.