More shame for the travelling community

Seething.

:o

So RTT backs up my own findings. This is getting more and more interesting I must admit.

Jaysus handbags at dawn again on here.

Can we get back the traveller ladies?

:smiley:

Just banter Taz, used to be plenty of it on this site once. I’m happy to leave the traveller “ladies” to yourself.

I don’t think you’ll get anyone on here (or anywhere!) to admit to riding a traveller lady. Plus, most of them are married by the time they are 20. It’s fairly strict in the traveller world, that if a woman isn’t a virgin then they will have a hard job marrying her off.

There was a crowd down from somewhere up the country to arrange the marrying off of a local girl about a year ago. The potential groom, his father and entourage came down, and there was serious negotiations (over copious pints) for 3 days. I think a deal was stuck in the end.

I guess it’s a bit difficult to meet them due to the strict rules in the traveler community and some of the ones that I seen around ya wouldn’t touch them due to the state and smell of them. On the way back from Tennis last week I caught the start of the FM104 phone show and there were a couple of traveler women on the phone giving out how they couldn’t marry the bloke they wanted as a deal was struck with another traveler family from somewhere else.

Just for you MBB some more traveler ladies. :smiley:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3652/3293118273_789431c8a0.jpg

I’ve been reliably informed that they don’t go near lads from a non-travelling background.

:lol:

Is that not racist? Surely they should be pulled up on that. I’m disgusted by this. :smiley: Bleedin hypocrites.

Ireland is swarming with pikeys at present. Drove through UCHG the other day, there was a heap of them around the entrance and car park generally. Lahinch too had a fair share of them, couple of them thrown into the cop car at about 3 in the day. Hardly more than 15 years old either of them.

Probably married with 3 kids as well.

Mr KIBMan - tear down this signature

Good to see Travellors in the news for all the right reasons and a good honest member of the Travelling community like Paddy Doherty winning Celebrity Big Brother in the UK. Hopefully he continues to break down more social barriers

Well done Paddy :clap: :pint:

When did this happen??? Super news… In your face MBB, RTT and all other muck savages.

Last night. he beat some of the biggest and universally popular figures in the UK at the moment including Kerry Katona and Jedward. A remarkable achievement

It happened because the man is a long settled traveller. If he was one of the caravan aboding brigade he wouldn’t be let within an asses roar of a locked house with human inhabitants…

he lives on a halting site in Salford dunph, it was shown on my big fat gypsy wedding not too long ago.

the man is an inspiration

Paddy

Character Profiles

Thursday 03 February 2011

A 50-year-old Irish traveller, Paddy Doherty is what you might call ‘a man’s man’. He’s the man who knows everyone within the travelling community – and everyone knows him. Although born and raised in Manchester, Paddy is a true Irish traveller, and very proud of his roots.
We meet Paddy in Episode 4.
Paddy has led a tough life, and is a hard man, although you wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell when you first met him. He is charming and charismatic, and cheeky with it.
Married at 20, to his wife Rosanne who was 18 at the time, they have had 13 children together. Sadly, only six of them survived, and the rest died at a young age.
Their eldest child, Patrick, died in a car accident when he was 18, along with his cousin and another friend. As a mark of respect and remembrance for his children, Paddy has all their names tattooed down his back. Covering his heart is a tattoo of his son Patrick’s face.
‘He [Patrick] was everything, he was my life … and he was called after me … he was everything everyone wanted … everything you want in a boy, Patrick was it … you couldn’t wish for anything better, God rest his soul.’
In his younger years, Paddy was a well-respected and successful bare knuckle fighter. He made a career out of the sport and earned his name in the traveller community. Paddy is now retired from fighting but is still a ‘fair play’ referee at fights. He must ensure both fighters get a fair fight, and make sure there’s kicking and biting, or hitting when down, and that no one else tries to join in.
'A true traveller’s way is to come around to your door and say, get out and fight me. You fight, shake hands and then go to the pub. That is the true traveller’s way and that is with the English and Irish. I wouldn’t let a man challenge me – I would say ‘come on, let’s get it on’. Even if I knew they were going to beat me I would say, ‘Come on, let’s get it on – let’s rock and roll!’
Out of the fighting ring, Paddy has had his fair share of near misses as well. A few years ago he opened the front door of his chalet and was shot point blank in the head. Rosanne was in the chalet and ran to found his body slumped on the doorstep. They called an ambulance but the paramedics wouldn’t come on to the site until the police could confirm they were not at risk from the firearms. Paddy’s heart stopped while lying on his doorstep, but luckily the ambulance managed to revive him.
He’s still fighting fit today and currently runs a site in Salford with his wife, and his youngest son, Martin Tom.
Read more profiles

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Doesn’t he drive around in a top of the range mercedes?

Edit: Dont they all, the robbing bastards!

They better make sure to turn the water off at the mains when leaving the BB House cause there won’t be a copper pipe left in the place.

Huh?

Rich coming from the man who’s friends and neighbours burnt down a house rather than let a traveller move into it.