More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

Apology accepted, but think next time before you post.

In my experience of kids/young adults with Down syndrome, to see this young woman consolating someone who is crying is very natural to her. Kids with DS are very sensitive with people’s moods around them and it wasn’t surprising at all to see this young lady trying to help the Waterford player.

As for bring it up in the things that are wrong thread and saying that this girl is not all there or is handicapped, well you’re dealing with ignorance and more than likely someone just looking for a reaction. To those who reacted by saying the likes of ‘cop on’ or ‘what make of a cunt are you’ that’s fair enough.

There are the likes of this make of a man out there and always will be. I think it’s unfortunate but there you go. It’s up to me and those who’s lives are effected by Down syndrome to show that kids/adolescents/adults that have DS through no fault of there own are people like everyone else, are capable of reaching their full potential and bring out the best in us as a society through living their lives the best they can.

29 Likes

Well said @Locke. Well said.

1 Like

I made the reference to handicapped, probably incorrect term but I was trying to put MBB right, as someone who has a sister with DS I agree with everything you have posted above, you put it far more eloquently than I ever could.

5 Likes

I have a sister of that age with downs syndrome.
Id be absolutely seething if that photo was splattered on line of her so that simpleton facebooker likeneedys can make public their wonderfulness.
I think this is mbb’s point. Everyone here is having a go because said girl has downs. I doubt it was apparent at the time to mbb, and, to be honest, so what if it was?
I’d not allow my kids or my sister to go pawing a lad in those circumstances.
It is patronising the girl to be outraged at what was, in fact, a valid point.

14 Likes

Just see.s very cynical from the Waterford mayor here. I’m sure he’d be able to thank her at a civic reception and for her to meet the team without creating publicity and/or photo ops

2 Likes

Left the fucking beer in the freezer and forgot about it

1 Like

overdid it in the pick a mix in the cinema

2 Likes

Ooh I’d say that cost a few bob

2 Likes

Post reported.

Meeting your Internet heros

:hushed:

Sorry pal. Hope the young un’s enjoyed the crack on the playground before the game anyway.

@Brimmer_Bradley is taller than I had imagined but the closeness between the eye sockets is very off putting when trying to converse. I pretended to go to jacks and left.

10 Likes

:smile:

In 1767 the population of Ireland was about two and a half million. By 1781 it was just over four million, in 1801 about five million, and by 1845, the year of the beginning of the Potato Famine, it had reached eight and a half million.

Population of England Wales and Scotland in 1851 was just over 20m

… and, the population of the UK - Ireland in 1845 was only about 18 million, which is why the cunts were only too happy to see our population decimated.

So you’re saying the famine was one of the best things to ever happen Ireland ?

Don’t forget the Salesmen selling Blight Repellent sprays. They creamed it in the years after.

1 Like