More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

Superb stuff out of you. I’ve given you the 10th myself.

I’ve appeared in a few sitting rooms at dawn alright but mostly by the front door.

That’s why mums go to miceland.

1 Like

Sigh

Star Wars fan weirdos.

6 Likes

I was getting the Luas northbound at Dawson Street on Tuesday evening. Town was noticeably busy with parties and the likes as I passed through. I was standing on the platform when this middle aged bloke came along and asked aggressively ‘where is the 70 Bus stop that used to be here?’ I thought he was messing at first. He went on to the explain that he was out for drinks, wanted to go home and last time he got the bus, the stop was where the Luas platform now is. I remarked that the stop must be gone at least a year which didn’t seem to bother him. I said I didn’t know where the 70 stop was and he fucked off, hopefully to a doorway.

an elderly friend of mine, having recently recovered from a serious illness, ventured into the city centre recently to meet some old friends. he was a little apprehensive about going in at such a busy time but we all persuaded him it was a good idea and that he coudl avail of public transport home. after a few well deserved drinks with the childhood friends he had from the orphanage he went to get the bus back to the hospice from where he remembered the bus stop used to be when he worked in town at the soup kitchen. the stop wasnt there and had been replaced by the new luas structure. he was a little taken aback and decided to ask someone to direct him to the nearest bus stop. he picked the tallest guy at the stop as he figured they might be an off duty garda. there might have been a little bit of panic in his fail voice as he asked the guy where he could get a bus from. the beanpole guy snapped at him aggressively and started to lecture him on cross-city Luas infrastrucure and the “extensive public awareness campagin the RPA had undertaken to educate the public about changes to the transport system” and that these changes had been well flagged for over a year, he left the gangly man bewildered and aghast at what Ireland had become and the lack of assistance he got. he was mugged later that night and died a few days later. wrong, just plain wrong.

31 Likes

Where’s the lifeboats bit mate?

1 Like

The RNLI were the ones who mugged him

2 Likes

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/limerick-family-facing-christmas-in-their-car/

Driving into work this morning, and this cunt is on the radio refusing a house ffs.

No shame, absolute disgrace.

I suppose we are paying for the cunts hostel as well

Hotel mate.

Not being respected then for not getting a house in his desired area, crazy stuff.

Boils my piss.

I classify homeless as those unfortunate people living in a sleeping bag in some doorway, not some of these people in decent tax payer funded hotels who, while not living in ideal circumstances, still have a roof over their head, a warm bed and free three course meals every day.

4 Likes

Staying in a hotel is not as glamorous as you might think. A lot of these people are only guaranteed the hotel room for one night and have to check every morning if the room is still available for the next night. As you can imagine this can be very stressful and destabilising for families with kids who have been displaced from their homes and routines. Imagine trying to entertain young children in small hotel rooms for the days and weeks on end.

While you can argue that they should be making a better effort to fend for themselves there are longstanding cultural and societal issues in this country which have rendered certain sections of society reliant on our social welfare system.

13 Likes

Good post

Entirely accept your point about raising children in an environment like that. Must be totally unhealthy to be cooped up like that.

It’s just people who are living in hotels but are simultaneously turning down accommodation/houses/apartments for reasons like “it’s not in the area I’d like” or “I want a bigger place” who grate.

Not in any way tarring all people who are housed in hotels with the same brush - I’d imagine the vast majority would jump at anything they are offered elsewhere to avoid living in a hotel with all the stresses attached to that - but just people like the case mentioned above.

1 Like

What a fucking backtrack

1 Like

Some weirdo with a bag on his head selling out the sugar club in something like 7 minutes. I presume the sugar club holds about 8 people nowadays, but even still, weirdos.

These bail laws. Ffs.

A 27-year-old old career criminal who has been arrested for a horrific €17k aggravated burglary of a vulnerable man in south Dublin is out on bail over three separate knife offences.

The south inner city criminal has links to the group led by jailed crimelord Brian Rattigan and previously served a lengthy jail sentence for a horrific incident in which an imitation firearm was produced during the course of a terrifying robbery of a woman.

This drug addict and his 24-year-old female companion remained in custody in Terenure Garda Station where they were being questioned about the sickening aggravated burglary of the “shy and retiring gentleman” who is aged in his 60s.

The violent drama began to unfold at around 10.30pm on Tuesday when a balaclava wearing duo gained entry to the man’s house by smashing in a downstairs window.

The drug addicted pair were armed with a hammer and issued a number of threats to their unfortunate victim before he suffered facial injuries in a vicious assault.

The thugs took their victim’s bank card and mobile phone from him in the property.

The victim was held against his will in his own home before being driven to the Crumlin area shortly before midnight.

When they reached that locality, he was frogmarched to an ATM at the Bank of Ireland in Walkinstown and forced to withdraw €600 – believed to be his maximum daily withdrawal limit.

A short time later, and in the early hours of Wednesday morning, the victim was forced to go to another bank-link and withdraw a further sum of €600 before he was brought back to his home.

It is understood that as the hours passed in that property, at least one of burglars revealed their faces when they took off their balaclavas.

Then shortly after 10am on Wednesday, the unfortunate man was driven from his home to the AIB in Rathgar where he has a bank account.

The female criminal walked into the bank with her victim who attempted to withdraw €16,000 in cash while her partner-in-crime waited in a car outside.

A bank employee informed the man that it would be up to an hour before the bank could deal with the transaction and the man was forced back into the car which was then driven around the area for around an hour.

Shortly after 11am, the man was forced to the return to the bank where he made a withdrawal of over €16,000 which he handed over to the duo who then fled the area in their car.

Gardai in Terenure were made aware of the situation at around 4pm on Wednesday when the man reported the crime after he had told family members what happened.

Officers immediately began to gather CCTV in the area and the suspects who are well known to gardai were quickly identified.

A search warrant was obtained to search a number of properties in the south inner city and a male and female were arrested late on Wednesday night at a flats complex in the Inchicore area.

Gardai recovered over €12,000 in cash.

A car was also seized as part of the investigation and was being forensically examined last night.

The victim of the crime is understood to be “extremely distraught” after his ordeal but is being comforted by family members.

It is understood the “vulnerable” man had taken in a number of lodgers into his Terenure property in recent times and gardai are working on the theory that one of these people received key information about his financial situation.

“This victim was preyed upon by absolutely remorseless criminals, this was a planned crime,” a senior source said last night.

“This gentleman was taken advantage of and he suffered a horrible ordeal. Gardai are very confident of charges in this case and it is a great result that so much money as recovered,” the source added.

The 27-year-old in custody is a volatile crack cocaine addict who was previously jailed for five years for unlawfully seizing a car and producing an imitation firearm with the intention of unlawfully seizing a car when he targeted a woman in north Dublin.

Sources confirmed to the Herald that the thug who has around 30 previous convictions is linked to the “lower levels” of the feared Brian ‘King Ratt’ Rattigan gang and is considered an extremely volatile and dangerous drug addict who was previously involved in water charges protests in the south inner city.

He is currently on bail in relation to three separate charges of knife possession which occurred in the city earlier this year.

The female suspect is also known to gardai and she lives in a south inner city flats complex.

Beep beep beeep beeep beeeeeeeep