More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

I know of a few people who won’t use contactless. They don’t trust it. It wouldn’t bother me although I get a bit annoyed when the vendor doesn’t show you the value of what they are tapping.

Thats absolutely bizarre. Its surely safer than putting your pin in where people might see the pin. Some people eh

Slightly on Farmers topic there, shops that still insist on a minimum spend of a tenner for the card. The tap and go is way faster, it costs fuck all, no such thing as a forgery and you bring down the amount of cash you’ve to carry on site. It’s a fucking no brainier you’d think. I’ve more respect for places that don’t take card at all. At least they are on the swiz or something

4 Likes

It’s the beginning of the end of cash, it’ll be interesting to see what alternatives will appear.

Crypto! :disappointed_relieved:

Some form of bartering (untaxable🤐)

I’d say about a third of people refuse contactless. Just don’t trust it. Some seem to be afraid they’ll be done for 2 transactions or something. I spoke to one lad who had the contactless removed from his card in fear of card scammers walking up behind him.

1 Like

Why is the vendor tapping your card? Do it yourself.

I don’t like vendors putting their sticky paws all over my cards. I like to tap myself. I fucking hate getting shrapnel these days. Cash is a pain in the ass unless it’s a good wedge of folding, and even then.

Ffs…people scared of contact less. They probably have 1000’s stashed under their bed as they don’t trust the banks.

Certain types of people from Oireland are hilarious. Any type of change or something new and dynamic = immediate mistrust :joy:

6 Likes

Would you put the wad in a wallet or straight into the trouser pocket?

1 Like

Straight into the wife’s palm I’d say. Then she’d give him pocket money which he puts in his change purse

9 Likes

A few bob for diesel and a MacDonalds.

3 Likes

Flatty has a money clip.

1 Like

Flatty does what he’s told.

6 Likes

A very backward race

There has been 5,100 posts on the hurling LEAGUE :laughing:

If ever a statement summed up the amount of absolute weirdos on this forum, that is it.

9 Likes

:grinning:

People watch the Super Bowl and live operas in the cinema, it’s all wrong