Most ridiculous county in Ireland

Are both Tipp ridings included?

We are the Greatest.

There is something about inland counties that is very wrong, apart from things like inbreeding which is pretty much innate in places like Tipp. Counties who don’t have the benefit of sea air and rugged coastline are sorely deficient.

Jealous.

If thats the case, thats us fucked so.

I’ll take our rich and fertile land over your rock any day.

Given your own location, the inbreeding comment is quite ironic.

[quote=“myboyblue”]If thats the case, thats us fucked so.

I’ll take our rich and fertile land over your rock any day.[/quote]

Laois not full of Bog no?

That’d be Offaly. Great thing about burning turf is that you’re burning a little bit of Offaly every day.

1 Like

Jesus lads what have ye all against offaly…I have been to tullamore numerous times on the beer and i always found it a great spot…alright their accent is shocking but sure nobodies perfect…

Offaly’s people are not so bad, they’re nice enough. We actually sponsor a child in Offaly through World Vision. Its not their fault where they’re from.

Brilliant

How anyone could look beyond Mayo surprises me.

The whole place is a shithole inhabited by shit thick twats.

Quality.

The ‘child’ is probably 32 and is his own Uncle.

Yours etc,
GSH.

I’m surprised that Longford isn’t a candidate county.

It has literally nothing to recommend it. When I think of Longford, my automatic reflex is to slip the car into 5th gear in order to get to the Elysian Fields of Leitrim (relative to Longord, anyway) as quickly as possible.

Even people from Westmeath look down on Longford.

Christ, it must be an awful place so. And I’d class Westmeath as being challengers to Leitrim and Offaly myself. Longford’s weird - is there anyone famous from Longford? Is Albert Reynolds from there or was that Westmeath? If not, I suppose John Carthy was their most famous citizen. It strikes me as a nothing place in every facet really - I couldn’t hazard a guess as to what other counties border it or anything (except you gave a clue that Leitrim’s nearby) but it strikes me as a quiet and meek county that says and does nothing because it knows what a shithole it is.

Longford is a very holy county. It’s full of priests and nearly everyone goes to Mass every day.

It’s also full of travellers.

And yes Albert Reynolds is from there. That is the only famous person that I can think of.

Famous people from Longford:

Albert Reynolds
(though originally from Roosky, Co Roscommon)
Oliver Goldsmith (writer and statue outside Trinity, though a blow-in)
Eugene McGee
Dessie Barry (best Longford footballer ever, though family from Cork)
Pauric Colum (writer)
Anne Lovett (no nasty comments, people, or this thread should be deleted immediately!)
Michael Collins’ fiance (can’t think of her name right now)

It’s still a shithole though.

Kitty Kiernan?

That’s the one. Played by Julia Roberts in the film.