Most ridiculous county in Ireland

Thought Goldsmith had some connection with the place alright.

Was out for a few drinks with a couple of the work crowd a while back and somehow Longford came up in discussion. I decided to vent my opinions about the place and the rant ended something like

ā€œI mean, does anybody actually know anybody from Longford?ā€

to which the most boring cunt in the company replied

ā€œAh Fran, Iā€™m actually from Longfordā€

Which just proved my point

TFK astro midfield dynamo Ledge is also from Longford.

So is part time ringer The Green Hen.

Former Director General of the GAA Liam Mulvihill is a Longford man as is former Leitrim manager Declan Rowley

There is only one answer to all of this: Cork.

Everybody on this thread knows this, people are just preying on the weak by having a go at the likes of Leitrim, Longford, Offaly etc. The midlands are an easy target - I know this - but when tough questions like this are asked, people shold have the moral composure to answer the question asked of them.

Cork is the County worthy of most ridicule.

Never knew Paul Williams was from Leitrim. Clown.

you obviously dont no your history son ,ever heard of a man called sean mcdermot i think he contributed queit a bit to ireland

massey ferguson
Garth Crooks

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandage
Thereā€™s so many places to choose from that itā€™s hard to pinpoint one. They range from the completely insignificant parts of the country who have historically contributed nothing of note to Irish society in any sense whatsoever and will no doubt continue to do so indefinitely (Carlow, Leitrim, Roscommon, Longford). Then thereā€™s places where the inhabitants are so full of scheidt and self importance that they almost expect you to bow down before them as they stand up on their pedestal (Iā€™m thinking of Cork here). Then thereā€™s also the raft of places that are just rampant with ginger bastards and inbreeding like Offaly and Monaghan. I initially voted for Leitrim last night but if I could change my vote Iā€™d go for Offaly now. And thatā€™s not only down to the slag from there who questioned my professionalism and reported me to senior managers in a previous job. Since when has making faces at junior members of staff in order to make them burst out laughing uncontrollably when on the phone to clients been unprofessional anyway?

you obviously dont no your history son ,ever heard of a man called sean mcdermot i think he contributed queit a bit to ireland
Good one Massey-stick it to the Wexican!!!

[quote name=ā€˜Paul Coddā€™s No 1 Potatoā€™]There is only one answer to all of this: Cork.

Everybody on this thread knows this, people are just preying on the weak by having a go at the likes of Leitrim, Longford, Offaly etc. The midlands are an easy target - I know this - but when tough questions like this are asked, people shold have the moral composure to answer the question asked of them.

Cork is the County worthy of most ridicule.[/quote]

Er, ahem, I think Paul Coddā€™s No 1 Potato may have ended this entire conversation. He is of course correct.

Athy in Kildare is the most depressing,dog rough dull place iv ever been. Most of my family are from there and I have to endure many trips up there. My brother stayed with a cousin of mine for a few nights and went out to the shop and got jumped.

[quote name=ā€˜Paul Coddā€™s No 1 Potatoā€™]There is only one answer to all of this: Cork.

Fuck off Potato & Fitzy.

From a county famous for travellers that is harsh. What makes me laugh is even the settled folk sell produce out of a van on the side of the road! And basinig your economy on selling strawberries, in Ireland!!

Cork is a great place, lovely city, great university, huge sporting tradition. There may be some langers involved with our sporting teams at the moment but class is permanent.

We gave the world Rory Gallagher, you gave us dancin at the crossroadsā€¦some fucking lyrics though ā€œwhats the story Martin Storyā€ what genius fucking wordsmith came up with that!

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]Fuck off Potato & Fitzy.

From a county famous for travellers that is harsh. What makes me laugh is even the settled folk sell produce out of a van on the side of the road! And basinig your economy on selling strawberries, in Ireland!!

Cork is a great place, lovely city, great university, huge sporting tradition. There may be some langers involved with our sporting teams at the moment but class is permanent.

We gave the world Rory Gallagher, you gave us dancin at the crossroadsā€¦some fucking lyrics though ā€œwhats the story Martin Storyā€ what genius fucking wordsmith came up with that![/quote]

Cork city is more like a big town in all fairnessā€¦it has to be one of the ugliest landscapes aswell crossing the Lee and looking up at that big church on the hill surounded by a concrete jungleā€¦(knocknaheeny i think it is)

the ugliest town in Europe. Both its architecture and its inhabitants.

Athy never fails to deliver on the biggest and heftiest muffin-topped stretch marked blubbler; even on the smoothest of drive thruā€™s.

Yugh

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]Fuck off Potato & Fitzy.

We gave the world Rory Gallagher, you gave us dancin at the crossroadsā€¦some fucking lyrics though ā€œwhats the story Martin Storyā€ what genius fucking wordsmith came up with that![/quote]

Ah get out of it Dan - your self opinioniated (sp?) heads are so far up yer own arses yez have no idea what a decent county is like.

The Home of the Dixies and My home by the Lee ā€¦

As well as yer man from Knight Rider and the Ghost & Mrs Muir (RIP), the Montfords, the Hi-B, Freddie White, Spike Island, Dr Roy Keane, MicroDisney & Cathal Coughlan, Sir Henryā€™s & SWEAT dance, Pol Gorm, Current Ministers for Foreign Affairs & Overseas Development; and Education & Science. Thoma Bread, Jennings Rasa and the Sultans of Ping. Happy Man Cathal Dunne, Tanora and Haji Bays Turkish Delight, Patricks Hill and Daā€™ Statue. Andi Gaw and Joycee. Singers Corner and the No 8 bus. The Boys of Fairhill and Johnny Jump Up. Bobby Tamblin and KCā€™s Chipper. The philantropists; Messrs Liam McCarthy and Sam Maguire. World Champion Black Pudding.

And a few sportsmen and women; too many to mention.

I am not worthy of any of the above.

Wexford; home of the tash and Art Foley; 'nuff said.

Magnificent MGG. Magnificent. Few more honourable mentions

Frank & Walters
Christy Ring
Mossy Finn
Jackie Lennox
Michael O leary
Gorbys
Da park
Tom Barrys
Nancy Spains
Moks
Jimmy Barry Murphy
Clonakilty
Skibereen
Bantry Bay

Leave Cork out of this argument. Not even close

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]Magnificent MGG. Magnificent. Few more honourable mentions

Frank & Walters
Christy Ring
Mossy Finn
Jackie Lennox
Michael O leary
Gorbys
Da park
Tom Barrys
Nancy Spains
Moks
Jimmy Barry Murphy
Clonakilty
Skibereen
Bantry Bay

Leave Cork out of this argument. Not even close[/quote]

well Dan, fuck you and me even more; do you know what we forgot?

BARRYS TEA

and bridges Shakey and Snotty.

And how are all the lads down on the plantations?

[quote=ā€œMairegangaireā€]well Dan, fuck you and me even more; do you know what we forgot?

BARRYS TEA

and bridges Shakey and Snotty.[/quote]

I dont drink tea, barrys or otherwise. Noble call all the same MGG.

Cheers Kid

I voted for Leitrim as the most ridiculus county; If I had 3 wishes; one of them would be to concrete it over and turn it into a casio.