Most ridiculous county in Ireland

Fuck off Dan and MGG, we gave the world Chris De Burgh and Gilbert Oā€™Sullivan. Case closed.

what are you on about fitzyā€¦gilbert ā€˜the legendā€™ o sullivan is from waterford and chris ā€˜the bollixā€™ de burgh was born out foreign and only settled in wexford later in lifeā€¦

We claim Chris De Burgh mate and Gilbert used to live in Bunclody, so leave our heroes alone.

donā€™t have a hop off me i am quite the gilbert o sullivan fanā€¦nothing rhymes is a superb tuneā€¦

Canā€™t say Iā€™m familiar with it, but because heā€™s from Bunclody, the brilliance is assumedā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqc_MS8j3_I

very underrated and quite profound at the same timeā€¦

Much like yourself Pukeā€¦

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]Fuck off Potato & Fitzy.

From a county famous for travellers that is harsh. What makes me laugh is even the settled folk sell produce out of a van on the side of the road! And basinig your economy on selling strawberries, in Ireland!!

Cork is a great place, lovely city, great university, huge sporting tradition. There may be some langers involved with our sporting teams at the moment but class is permanent.

We gave the world Rory Gallagher, you gave us dancin at the crossroadsā€¦some fucking lyrics though ā€œwhats the story Martin Storyā€ what genius fucking wordsmith came up with that![/quote]

Hang on there a minute: on the University front, Wexford now has a Carlow IT outreach centre, so I wouldnā€™t get too carried away there.

[quote=ā€œdancarterā€]
We gave the world Rory Gallagher, [/quote]

He was born in Donegal.

i actually thought that when i read it, but i am not an expert on rory gallagher so i presumed i was mistakenā€¦

[quote=ā€œMairegangaireā€]The Home of the Dixies and My home by the Lee ā€¦

As well as yer man from Knight Rider and the Ghost & Mrs Muir (RIP), the Montfords, the Hi-B, Freddie White, Spike Island, Dr Roy Keane, MicroDisney & Cathal Coughlan, Sir Henryā€™s & SWEAT dance, Pol Gorm, Current Ministers for Foreign Affairs & Overseas Development; and Education & Science. Thoma Bread, Jennings Rasa and the Sultans of Ping. Happy Man Cathal Dunne, Tanora and Haji Bays Turkish Delight, Patricks Hill and Daā€™ Statue. Andi Gaw and Joycee. Singers Corner and the No 8 bus. The Boys of Fairhill and Johnny Jump Up. Bobby Tamblin and KCā€™s Chipper. The philantropists; Messrs Liam McCarthy and Sam Maguire. World Champion Black Pudding.

And a few sportsmen and women; too many to mention.

I am not worthy of any of the above.

Wexford; home of the tash and Art Foley; 'nuff said.[/quote]

The people of Cork also rowed in behind Perkin Warbeck, thereby earning the ā€˜Rebel Countyā€™ nickname . Priceless.

Cork people making lists to justify their odd county. Wonderful.

The Cork argument is so flawed. What use is listing off a bunch of people no-ones heard of?

Also Fitzy, I think Gilbert lived over the Carlow border did he not?!

Wexford has given the 2 of the best flat racing trainers Ireland has ever seen. Stick to horse racing - weā€™ve a stronger argument there :smiley:

Donā€™t be ridiculous Mac, the Carlow border is a mere figment of the imagination of people who live in Ballon.

true - british rebels

Just dont say that around Clonegal or Kildavin :smiley:

[quote=ā€œMairegangaireā€]The Home of the Dixies and My home by the Lee ā€¦

As well as yer man from Knight Rider

Wexford; home of the tash and Art Foley; 'nuff said.[/quote]

hasslehoff or Kit??

Two good Wexford townsā€¦

Neither
The boss man; Devon Miles was played by Edward Mulhare.

fyi: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0611811/bio

Correct; Rory Gallagher was born in Donegal; but reared by Langers; hence his Ledge status.

Kudos to Wexicanā€™ts everywhere on your most famous son; Gilbert.
Still a fan.

[quote=ā€œMacā€]The Cork argument is so flawed. What use is listing off a bunch of people no-ones heard of?

Also Fitzy, I think Gilbert lived over the Carlow border did he not?!

Wexford has given the 2 of the best flat racing trainers Ireland has ever seen. Stick to horse racing - weā€™ve a stronger argument there :D[/quote]

where is the home of steeplechasing mac?!