Motorsport

I’ll Google map the site.

Car was where the van is, but pointing the other way. Weather was better.

Which one of the two bald lads sitting out the front are you?

Car was like this one, though may not have been same model, and was black with yellow stripes.

What makes the Isle of Man race so dangerous?

Motorbikes, high speeds and stone walls make poor bedfellows.

But what makes it more dangerous than other motorbike races? Genuine question. The lads doing it must all be a bit mental

Road races are far more dangerous than closed circuit races, and the Isle of Man is the highest profile road race of all.

I think other races are run on actual motor sport circuits, whereas this is run over regular roads with no safety feature.

The track is around 40 miles long with long relatively straight stretches of road with slight corners on them where the bikes get up to huge speeds. If something goes even slightly wrong you are goosed travelling at the speeds they do.

The average speed is something like 130mph with them regularly tipping over 200mph.
That’s insane.

Go onto about two minutes in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sWeBqQn1A

Absolutely mental. I’d be afraid to be a spectator never mind a rider

1 Like

It’s batshit insane. The old Nurburgring (which is a closed circuit) was 13 miles long and even back in the '70s they decided it wasn’t safe enough for F1 cars. That’s right, cars. Fast-forward to 2019 and you still have lumps of flesh riding around on lumps of metal at 200mph over mountain-passes and through villages at the TT.

In short, yes, the lads doing it are indeed a bit mental.

That’s the classic tt for old bikes. The tt races proper this week are considerably faster.

Middle age has clearly not been kind to yer man from Jamiroquai

After over 41 arrests in Donegal last night at the Donegal rally, it appears a high profile competitor has been killed during one of the stages this morning. As if there’s not enough lunatics driving around up there, they go and hold one of the biggest rallys of the year and it appears tragedy has struck it also

Who was killed ?
Is that rally not on every year ?

Donegal people should not be allowed anywhere near automobiles

41 arrests??

I know they’ve put away another Ulster title today, but tearing around in cars is the real national sport up there. Pity they don’t seem to be that great at it.