Motorways driving

I was going the other way to the NCT center in Ballymun and it looked horrendous. I went home via the back of the airport and Tyrrellstown.

1 Like

I’d be better off in Poland FFS

2 Likes

Hindsight I know but is there much difference cutting across town and hitting down via Wicklow now?

That M50 in any direction is a lottery after 3pm

You’re stuck in traffic light hell on either the Rock Road or Stillorgan Road before the inevitable traffic jam where N11 meets M50 before Bray. Clear sailing past Glen of the Downs but an awful headache to get to there

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d be passing up for the Red Cow as early as possible and some days it could be fine or just stood still.

Came back the M50 today south to North. The story on the North South carriageway was the same as yesterday backed up from Lucan exit at least as far back as the airport. The south North carriage way was slow but moving as far as the toll and then eased up. Fuck me I’d hate to have to do that every day.
As an aside those signs that tell you the time to the airport/Red Cow etc are very accurate and take account of upcoming congestion. The one at Kilcullen was accurate to a minute at estimating my time to the airport exit.

7 Likes

I experienced this last weekend. I was coming from the M50 but there was bad traffic around the intersection with the N11. Mind you this was at 2pm on a Friday.

I was behind a souped up Golf on the M50 who was doing a decent speed but once the traffic started to build, the Golf held way back from the car in front which meant that cars were speeding by us and going in front of the Golf which in turn meant little progress was being made, I passed the Golf eventually and there were two lads in it chatting away oblivious to what was going on.

Was the driver wearing a hat?

1 Like

I don’t believe so.

1 Like

45/50 minutes from M1 exit to exit for M7 for me today. And that was before 2pm. Normally a 12/13 minute drive.

You’re often quicker coming off the M50 at Cherrywood, getting onto the N11 and then speed on down the inside lane as if you’re heading for Bray and then cut in before the turn off. Its a pain in the hole of an intersection

2 Likes

Crash in Bunratty?
Road closed?

Not a motorway

5 Likes

I know but the young lad was working in Shannon and wasn’t home.

Finally got a text there now. They’re in Durty Nellies the feckers.

But the road is closed and the ambulances and fire brigades were flying out the Ennis Road.

Hope not so bad.

3 Likes

There’s a 7.5km tailback on M50 heading northwards for anybody
Off to airport.

https://twitter.com/macconraoi7/status/1833905339919663136?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

The back of the white car :grimacing:

1 Like

That’s not really a car thou. More like a golf buggy. Shouldn’t be on the road

1 Like

Who first hit who?

It’s a pity that cockney wanker wasn’t a (good) bit closer when it happened.