Mount Everest & other Feats of Endurance

Those boats essentially right themselves if turned over

1 Like

This lad has rowed from San Sebastian to Antigua, nearly climbed Mt Everest, and rowed from NY to nearly Galway, all in 4 years. He can’t be right in the head surely?

2 Likes

Did he actually climb mou t everest? To the top? Im late on this fella.

Not to the top. He got the coof, which was rampant on the mountain at that time, and the expedition came to a close.

Informative. The news last night said he got to the top. I’ve edited my post accordingly

So he nearly does stuff? Could you check out his antigua antics please?

2 Likes

One of the Galway lads will answer this for you

He’s nearly at the after dinner circuit.

No, he never made it to the top.
He got to base camp, and maybe camp 1, got Covid, had to be evacuated back to the city, isolated for 2 weeks, back to basecamp. Then set off again with another group but it was coming to the end of the season so they had a short window to make it.

They got pretty close but then too many of the Sherpas got Covid so the expedition was abandoned.

Joe says he did amyway.

Edit… That’s the Canaries to Antigua journey.

So you wouldn’t be asking this fella to paint your house unless you wanted a few rooms not done?

3 Likes

Well, to be completely fair, he did actually climb Everest, albeit not to the top. If you’re climbing a ladder, you don’t need to get to the top rung in order to claim to have climbed a ladder. The more I think about this, the more I’m convinced we need to revisit the language surrounding alpinism.

3 Likes

They all take the handy routes in fairness.
You get no credit going the hard way.

Agreed. Could one of the farmers or galway lads on here get us a grant for it maybe? They know their way around that shit.

If Damo brought home a pebble from the foot of mount Everest and we stood on it, we’d all have climbed Everest. Some achievement in fairness.

3 Likes

I’d say his wife was raging when his boat hits the rocks the other day. He’ll surely have to prove himself with a new challenge soon and she’ll be left minding the children while he fucks off for a year or so.

Is he actually married? The news titled her as his partner last night.

No. We’d have stood on a pebble that Damian brought home. Mount Everest would still be in Nepal. For a man that’s disgusted with how much air time Browne is getting, you really are devoting a lot of time to him. It’s classic oddball behaviour, if I’m being perfectly honest.

A lot of lads seem very threatened by Damians adventures

1 Like

https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/damianbrowne-supermacs-homecoming-rowing-newyork-7661614