Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

In fairness, Cody has had about 4 seperate excellent teams in his time. The 08ā€™ one being the greatest ever.

Limerick would be going for 5 very possibly but for the line call in 19.

This Limerick team is as comparable with KK 08ā€™ as any team has ever been.

What do you deserve credit for :joy:

Everybody, absolutely everybody recognises that this is a brilliant Limerick team, outrageously good, donā€™t be fooling yourself :grinning:

1 Like

Weā€™re not. Kilkennyā€™s 4 in a row side of 06/07/08/09 are recognised as the Greatest of all time. Their team had seen a bit of change from 2011 and 12 onwards.

Itā€™s their 4 in a row side Iā€™m talking about. If we win this year weā€™ve 3 in a row and 4 in 5. Weā€™d be on the cusp of eclipsing them, which is what I said

1 Like

Even if none of it is true, he is still coming across as a awful gobshite lately.
Arrogantly predicting wins last year on national media for Waterford (semi final) and then for Cork (final). Fair enough he stuck his neck out but he is at the same nonsense this year

1 Like

Whatā€™s funny is how blatant McGrath is with it all.

1 Like

Hurling is very important in some peopleā€™s lives. There are Limerick posters here who have been directly involved in Limerick County teams believe it or not, I know several of them. There are other posters who more or less run their clubs along with 2 or 3 other guys, theyā€™re absolutely tremendous club people. Thereā€™s some posters on here who have coached Limerick Senior players, invested hundreds of hours in them of their free time.

There are others who have had tough times in the recent past, and their interest and love of Limerick Hurling have sustained them through it. I know of posters on here who share a very strong bond with family members, memories of loved ones etc through following Limerick. For many Limerick posters, being involved in the GAA at grassroots level, or lucky enough to have some involvement at inter county level, has been an absolutely huge part of their lives.

Very similar in how being an incredibly patronising, virtue signalling, predictable boring poster who revels in attempting to appear superior to strangers on the internet about their interests and hobbies and passions is a big part of yours, for some strange reason that probably points to some sort of deep seated insecurity.

Anyway, I still love you mate.

25 Likes

They won 6 in 7 years mate, 7 in 9 years. Limerick nowhere near eclipsing that yet.

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

The Tipp 10ā€™ team is a great team in their own right for their skill, longevity, smattering of truly great players and most importantly, stopping the juggernaut in 10ā€™.

I think of this Limerick team as being on for 5/5 because based on everything we now know about them, thats what wouldā€™ve happened if that 65ā€™ was given in 19.

Youā€™re combining a few different Kilkenny teams there now in fairness. Iā€™ll agree with you that weā€™re nowhere near matching their period of dominance and wonā€™t. However would you not agree that the 06 to 09 side were a distinct side as opposed to the 2012 crop where a nice bit of new blood had been added no??

1 Like

Codyā€™s first AI winning team is a good bit different to the team that ended the great Cork team even.

Wow, youā€™ve nearly brought me to tears.

All that yet you canā€™t understand how somebody (like me) can love the game yet not take it very seriously in the grand scheme of things, you think you can insult me by questioning the ā€˜bottleā€™ or whatever you call it of my county team :grinning:
I love the game, I love when Cork win games, but it doesnā€™t make me any better or worse than anybody else, when i was younger I suppose it was a bigger deal, maybe not living in Cork has altered things a bit, for me itā€™s just entertainment, that seems to drive you mad :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Heā€™s an ape

1 Like

Limerick lost 3 times in the Championship in 2019, this narrative over the 65 needs to stop.
How many bad wides had Limerick that day, how many points head start did they give Kilkenny? They had them almost reeled in by half time and still couldnā€™t close it out. Shouldā€™ve been a KK line ball anyway!

4 Likes

He was on about Limerickā€™s perceived superiority last year and we bating Waterford by an average of ten points in the last five matches.

1 Like

No comparison in fairness.

BMB has crystallised in his typical eloquent manner what it means to a lot of us here and the wider Limerick hurling support, it doesnā€™t matter as much to you in terms of your own county, thatā€™s fine but we all have different interests/opinions. Is that too hard to understand? :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I think theyā€™d have gone to town in extra time tbh, thatā€™s why I say ā€˜what we know nowā€™, but they finished very strong against Cork in extra time in 18ā€™. Theyā€™re the best last 20 team Iā€™ve ever seen really. Iā€™ve never actually looked at the KK lineball, doesnt suit my narrative!

1 Like

Apologies to kk posters it was 8 in 10 years!

Iā€™m completely at ease with your passion, BMB is the one who canā€™t understand my point of view, he finds it mad, maybe unbelievable even, that I donā€™t take it so seriously, heā€™s posted about it dozens of times since last years final when I let slip that Iā€™m not suicidal after a Cork loss.

Passion is one thing, but it says nothing about you that you support a winning team :man_shrugging:

1 Like