Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Gavin has been got toā€¦ā€¦

I think playing at home is a burden on them.

Waterford in Thurles do their best hurling imo.

In reality Waterford only play well (in a Munster context) in Thurles and Cork. Thatā€™s a bit of a burden in a 5 ground round robin.

If all the pundits agree itā€™s not really a media driven agenda ?

Heā€™s being watched by refs as heā€™s pulled a few dirty strokes. He needs to adapt his game now and not be pulling wildly across lads when the ball is in their hand

1 Like

There is zero media agenda against hegarty ffs.

He was blessed to not get sent off once or twice over the years and is always sailing very close to the wind in mist games.

Heā€™s a former hurler of the year so anything he does will be analysed. Similar to Gleeson really.

Thereā€™s a really weird thing in hurling where pundits think you can just foul in the name of being tough and manly. Itā€™s nauseating at times.

6 Likes

All of that might be true but heā€™s certainly reffed differently. He gets a lot of attention that goes unpunished. Literally fouled endlessly but God forbid he gives a bit back and youā€™ve the whole internet frothing at the mouth in rage.

I wouldnā€™t change a thing about the way he plays. Fuck em all. Limerick players were too nice and honest for years and it got them no where. Iā€™ll take unlimited hatred over unlimited heartbreak.

4 Likes

Yeah I remember at the time of the launch of the new format that Waterford threw a big hoopla about not being able to have the capacity to play their home games in Walsh Park. It hasnt been a happy hunting ground for them. Some say it is more of a football pitch. To be honest I dont think the round robbin in general suits them. 1 win from what is it 11/12 games tells its own story. They might win in Ennis next week but it is out of their own hands now and needing a favour from Tipp and thats not a good place to be.

Thereā€™s a reason for that. He gets his own treatment but on top of being a HOTY, if youā€™re pulling a few filthy strokes now and again itā€™s going to be blown massively. No one cares if a nobody is doing it. His physicality is a big part of his skillset and as limerick people we wouldnā€™t change that for the world as heā€™s just unbelievable, but we canā€™t just expect him to be reffed nicely. He has history. If youā€™re a ref and heā€™s involved in any altercation, heā€™s going to be punished. Just the way it is and it will always be that way

The round robin is a total and utter cod in all fairness. An abomination really.

I donā€™t have much sympathy for Waterford this year, but the whole thing is open to all kinds of manipulation with teams through and resting players or teams already out not bothering their backsides come the final rounds.

Is it a cod at club level also?

Nearly every team sport in the world has some sort of round robin format in their competitions yet it is a cod for the GAAā€¦

2 Likes

Exactly. Complete nonsense from @peddlerscross.

6 Likes

Nothing new there

Have you emerged from Fagan for air?

1 Like

Limerick levels of denial :joy:

1 Like

It works fine at club level with a 4 team group where round 2 is Winners v Winners and Losers v Losers from Round One and there is the threat of relegation if you come last in the group and there is an incentive of topping your group, like an easier quarter final etc. This keeps teams honest all the way through.

This Munster format is a complete joke with no relegation and no incentive to top the group. And one team with a bye in the final round.

These games on Sunday will be a complete farce with fans spending as much time checking Twitter as watching the games. Will lead to a very dead atmosphere in my opinion.

Listen, the only person responsible for you making a cunt of yourself on here is you.

1 Like

What a charming man you are. The wan armed waiter. Enjoy your day.

No oneā€™s looking for nicely ffs. Just do your job and no more about it.

No, youā€™re completely wrong there. The format has actually been great for throwing up unexpected results. It really ebbs and flows. No one could have predicted the results of all games and thereā€™s a lot to play for in the final round. Itā€™s no oneā€™s fault but your own if youā€™re more interested in twitter than the match in front of you.

2 Likes

The reaction of the clare lad was bizarre, did his own hurl hit his funny bone or something.

However Hegarty hit his hurl, with force, he wasnā€™t just standing him up. That surely constitutes using the hurl in a reckless manner, it wasnā€™t an attempt to play the ball in any way. In other words it was a correct yellow.

5 Likes